PDA

View Full Version : AT Tattoo's

johnsupertramp
12-30-2005, 00:03
Hey i guess tattoos of the AT symbol are pretty common and the thread topic has been beat to death. Here's what I've done. I thought about why I want to thru-hike and what drew me to it. Solitude. I've studied a lot of Buddhism and that is a reocuring theme. So I got the Tibetan Sanskrit translation of solitude on my left pec. I know you may argue that there isnt really a lack of people on the AT but hopefully my future SOBO experience will have a little and it is going to hike my own hike. Just my thought
John

RITBlake
12-30-2005, 01:03
post a picture?

hammock engineer
12-30-2005, 02:32
That is a lot of why I want to do the hike and why I want to go SOBO. I plan on getting one after I get done. It will give me something to think about while I am hiking.

RITBlake
12-30-2005, 03:29
I swore I would get one after my hike. For one reason or another, I just can't decide on what to get, and where to get it!

johnsupertramp
12-30-2005, 04:55
I swore I would get one after my hike. For one reason or another, I just can't decide on what to get, and where to get it!

get limited edition on your butt cheek

Footslogger
12-30-2005, 12:12
Well ...I figured that my legs got me there so that was the best location for the Tattoo. I went with the not-so-original design of the AT symbol but then I added a little extra something at the bottom to commemorate the type of year we had on the trail. It was either that or commission a batch of T-shirts with a stencil that read ..."Appalachian Trail Swim Club"

'Slogger

Moxie00
12-30-2005, 12:57
:banana I swore I would get one as soon as I finished, AT sign on my leg, 2000 miler under that and a big orange MOXIE at the bottom. There was no place to get a tatoo on Millinocket and by the time I goy home I didn't get around to it. No one knows what life will bring and sometime in my future I may be in a position where I have to hold up a convience store while wearing short pants. It would be too easy to identify me with that tatoo showing up on on the survalance camera so I think it is best I don't get it done.