PDA

View Full Version : Line Launcher

Diamondlil
05-09-2016, 10:45
Back in 2014, a guy posted on BPL about a small slingshot type shooter, Line Launcher, that propelled a weight and line with, varied, velocity over tree branches to assist in hanging bear bags.

This proposed accessory, at the time, was met with much encouragement for his ingenuity, however, not many takers. All proclaimed, with practice, practice, practice one could master throwing the rock bag over the limb of the tree, thus hanging the bag unaided and there being no need for such a gadget. He was encouraged by some to bring his invention to WB and see what the opinion here would be.

I ran across this post because my son mentioned to me in a phone conversation yesterday that there were slingshot devices available for such underdeveloped pitching arms as mine.
(When I throw a rock at a determined target, there is a 99.9% chance you will get hit smack between the eyes, no matter where you're sitting.)
This was the only one I found.
I have preformed numerous searches here on WB concerning this topic and have found nothing.
Does anyone recall any type of device, accessory, rig, makeshift thingy, or whatever that may have been mentioned or discussed here in the past?
If not, does anyone know of anything that may help someone suffering from dysfunctional pitching syndrome?

TYIA

[emoji851]

LIhikers
05-09-2016, 11:03
My wife and I are so bad at getting our line over the desired tree branch that our attempts have become our evening entertainment. We take turns trying while the other gets a good laugh. Eventually one of us gets it and then it's time to turn in for the night. :D

OCDave
05-09-2016, 11:31
Google "Wrist Rocket" . You'll find plenty of options.

swjohnsey
05-09-2016, 12:11
You need a wrist rocket, a closed face spinning real and some hose clamps. Use heavy monofilament and a one oz weight.

nsherry61
05-09-2016, 14:31
There is also the very effective alternative, and multi-use camping chair known as a bear canister. Much, much easier than hanging food bags. Much more comfortable to sit on than food bags. Much more bear proof than most food hangs. Much more rodent proof than most bear bags.

The only down sides are cost, weight, and bulk, all of which are also the down sounds of bringing a sleeping bag or tent.

Pedaling Fool
05-09-2016, 15:46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--fK3U***7c

Connie
05-09-2016, 16:42
ChuckIt is a dog toy.

If you push a line through the ball, or a tennis ball, you could launch a line.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00006IX59/ref=aw_wl_ov_dp_2_12?colid=1UJ8M0DU8TC9U&coliid=I3VWV2SCS0GAFX&vs=1

Haggis
05-20-2016, 21:40
One of the best times I ever had was when a friend of mine and I wereforced to camp at Elk Garden, because our ride didn't show. It got dark on us and we hadn't hung the bear bag up yet. After enjoying a little nip of Jack Daniels we tried to get the little rock bag on the string over a high limb. It must have taken us an hour, but we laughed the whole time in between dodging the falling bag of rocks.