PDA

View Full Version : Looking for person(s) for thru hike

Willsalt
05-10-2016, 22:05
Hey I'm 24 years of age looking to find person(s) for thru hike starting March 1st. I'm looking for people that are already committed for nexts years thru hike. Feel free to message me or email me at [email protected]. This is my first post so I'm sorry if I posted this wrong

Spirit Walker
05-11-2016, 11:17
You'll be much better off not starting a thruhike with a partner. There will be a lot of other hikers on the trail when you start. As you head north, you will find some hiking at your speed. You'll spend many nights camped near them and many days at hostels getting to know them. You may do some daytime hiking with them. Some will have the same hiking philosophy as you in terms of how much time to take off, whether to hike fast or take your time, luxury hike vs. bare bones, etc. Some will be fun or interesting to spend time with. Many of them will drop out in the early days. So you wait, meet lots of people, and see who lasts. After a while you'll notice you're spending a lot of time with one or a few compatible people. You may or may not end up partnering with them. On my first thruhike I never had a partner, though I hiked with people for several days or even weeks at a time. On my second, I began hiking with a group from Pearisburg to Duncannon, then two of us split off from the group and hiked the rest of the trail together.

Johnsonp2364
05-17-2016, 19:18
Hey I'm 24 years of age looking to find person(s) for thru hike starting March 1st. I'm looking for people that are already committed for nexts years thru hike. Feel free to message me or email me at [email protected]. This is my first post so I'm sorry if I posted this wrong

I'm starting my thru hike March 1st. 2017 same day as you maybe we'll meet at the approach

bobbyp68
05-23-2016, 00:12
I'm starting March 1 2017

Rayleeya
05-23-2016, 12:00
I too am starting if all goes according to plan by March 1st 2017 and I e-mailed you :D

GOA.T. Trodder
05-23-2016, 17:46
I will be starting then too. I don't foresee myself being a fast hiker but do plan on finishing though

Venchka
05-23-2016, 17:48
Read the other March 1 thread.
Everyone is starting March 1.

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.

Question
05-23-2016, 19:49
I'll also be 24 on the trail, but won't be starting until mid/late March. I just wanted to drop by and say wassup to my fellow '17 NOBO's.

Only ~9 more months, guys!

Renderedroots
06-16-2016, 14:04
I will be NOBO in March as well ... Gonna be a awesome experience! Can't wait. See everyone in March! Walt.

Sent from my Z820 using Tapatalk

Dwderrick
06-16-2016, 22:54
I am starting the last week of Feb. Maybe we will meet up along the way.