PDA

View Full Version : Should I be warm

Cheesewhiz
12-30-2005, 11:19
I am starting my hike on March 22 at springer, will I be warm enough with the nest underquilt, a 3/4 length CCF pad and the JRB Old Rag top quilt with these I am also going to carry the top and bottom weather shield. I also carry a montbel thermawrap. If these shouldn't keep me warm I also have the no sniveller quilt that I could also carry but ONLY if you think I should need it. I am a warm sleeper that gets cold toes but not much more on nights above freezing with the nest and no sniveller wearing only mid-weight bergeline top and bottom and a knit hat.

Just Jeff
12-30-2005, 12:11
With that gear, I think I would be warm enough without the NS or Weather Shield. Make sure you can deal with mountain storms blowing snow under the tarp, though. Weather Shield might help with that.

Burn
12-30-2005, 14:41
if you have done shakedown hikes or previous winter hikes...you probably got a better idea than i do about that. I know stumpknocker seems to sleep so hot when i am freezing. it's so relative to individual experience.

In PA you have a good idea if you get out and can handle what a north winter throws atcha. enjoy

Chef2000
12-30-2005, 16:47
In March Of 2000 just as I crossed in NC it began to rain/snow for two days as a cold front came thru. the next two nights it dropped down to 15 degrees. It gets cold in GA in March.