PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle needed Front Royal Va to Troutville Va

nu2hike
05-13-2016, 01:16
I hope I do better with my directions on trail ! I need a shuttle from Front Royal to TroutVILLE Va. Not Troutdale! 😄
Hope to be on trail June 2 and will be traveling with my dog!

Gambit McCrae
05-13-2016, 07:01
contact mark he shuttled me from Swift run gap to Harpers Ferry. He will do it if he is available

304-433-0028

nu2hike
05-13-2016, 10:36
Thank you!

Gambit McCrae
05-13-2016, 10:38
Do not use mike evans he was the only no show no call shuttle ive ever had. Never heard from him again. HE is/ was located in front royal

johnnybgood
05-13-2016, 16:24
Do not use mike evans he was the only no show no call shuttle ive ever had. Never heard from him again. HE is/ was located in front royal

It might just be me but this post wasn't necessary, especially since your previous post answered the OP's question. Mike made a mistake, okay I do get your frustration.
There really isn't a need to bash him publicly unless someone asks about his shuttle service or accountability specifically.

I do know last year Mike was trying to find a buyer for his business. Not sure if that played any role in your missed shuttle. Like I said this didn't add anything because the query had already been answered.

Gambit McCrae
05-13-2016, 16:58
It might just be me but this post wasn't necessary, especially since your previous post answered the OP's question. Mike made a mistake, okay I do get your frustration.
There really isn't a need to bash him publicly unless someone asks about his shuttle service or accountability specifically.

I do know last year Mike was trying to find a buyer for his business. Not sure if that played any role in your missed shuttle. Like I said this didn't add anything because the query had already been answered.

It absolutely is relevant. If the OP saw Mike Evans listing for shuttling and was thinking of using him, I bet they would really like to know that I set up a shuttle service with him, called to confirm TWICE as I always do with first time shuttle drivers, and he never showed, he never ever returned my phone calls until I used another number to call him from. So why wouldn't some one want to know about an experience like that? Cause in my book, you reap what you sew, if it was a big deal to mike, he would have called me and made it right.

So I politely say, yes, it is just you because people need to be informed of the negative experienced that could affect their trip, just as it did others.

I don't understand the liberalistic mentality people have of "letting things go unheard because they are raving 5 star reviews" if a service sucks on a road trip, a fishing trip, out to dinner, on a hiking trip, I let people know. Its a fair warning of the kind of time I had. On the opposite side of the coin if I had a great experience such as I had with Mike "strings" or Ron Brown, Don Rains, Atkins Skip, Bland Bubba, Erwin 10-k, Lone Wolf, Pam from NOC, Marybeth from MD, Jesse from CT/ Mass, Jeff and Nancy from NC, Chuck from Hot Springs...Getting the point? I tell it like it is and when someone s*#ts in my nest, I shout about it. The same I want someone else to let me know what's coming down the road!

Hey come on bears will be bears, so they messed up I see your frustration but come onnn don't bash the bears guys!. (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php/118710-Lambert-Meadows-Shelter-Recent-Bear-Issues-Between-Pearisburg-and-Daleville-VA?highlight=)..Right? Wrong...

How about this thread on shuttle/ Hostel feedback program, that was a big bust. (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php/106108-Hostel-Evaluation-system?highlight=)

Thus is why when I get burned or have a bad experience that seems could be habitual to the establishment I just do this (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php/107090-Mike-Evans-of-Front-Royal-was-a-no-show-for-shuttle?highlight=)

johnnybgood
05-13-2016, 18:00
Had you considered using a pm to alert the OP instead of an open forum we wouldn't be having this conversation
I don't know Mike Evans just like I don't know you . Personally, I would have sent a pm that's all I'm saying. .
Is Mike still running his Hostel ? Has anyone used him as a shuttle recently ?

Gambit McCrae
05-13-2016, 18:13
I stated a fact, he was a no show. Your right, we shouldnt be having this conversation because you shouldnt have brought it up. Conversation is over