PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used http://www.zerodayresupply.com/

jjozgrunt
05-15-2016, 19:56
G'day, just in planning mode and came across this website. Has anyone used them and if so what is your opinion of their service and price?

Lone Wolf
05-15-2016, 20:29
you don't need that kinda service on the AT. resupply is plentiful

Dogwood
05-15-2016, 21:49
I have not personally used the service but have know several LD hikers coming from abroad to hike in the U.S. who have including Australia, Croatia, France, Germany, Ireland, Israel, and Scotland(off the top of my head). It takes some of the guess work out of resupplying whether it be the AT that is being hiked or possibly other trails. One would be sadly mistaken if they assumed all the items offered through the site will be found everywhere or perhaps ANYWHERE at AT resupply locations. I think the prices are in line for the east coast perhaps a bit less expensive for the goods themselves than what one may find at higher priced possible resupply locations with limited variety such as in small towns without a larger mainstream grocery store chain, convenience stores, gas station type resupply locations, etc EVEN IF THEY WERE AVAILABLE. IMHO, it's another resupply tool to be considered especially for those not fully knowing what to expect here in the U.S.

Where I think it would help Jjozgrunt is providing a short list of items you would typically order so we could see a sampling of your likes. THEN, we could go down your list and tell you what may be commonly found that you might not have to buy through the service. For example, Almond Joy candy bars can abundantly be found at AT resupply locations at a close enough price of the listed 85 cts. Small packs of nuts or peanuts can readily be found at AT resupply pts even the smallest convenience stores. Things like that you can buy here as you hike.

Dogwood
05-15-2016, 21:53
http://whiteblaze.net/forum/content.php/1105-AT-Resupply-information-from-Springer-MT-Georgia-to-Mount-Katahdin-Maine

Lots of resupply ideas here from a respected in the know source.

jjozgrunt
05-16-2016, 07:08
I hadn't planned on using them, they had just been mentioned to me as an option, and wanted others opinion of them.

"Where I think it would help Jjozgrunt is providing a short list of items you would typically order so we could see a sampling of your likes. "

I'm an ex grunt (Infantryman), I eat anything that's edible, and with military cooks, somethings that aren't. I was planning on just buying and eating whatever is available and resupplying as I go. I have a niece in Wisconsin that can send me anything I need that is hard to get.

jjozgrunt
05-16-2016, 07:09
http://whiteblaze.net/forum/content.php/1105-AT-Resupply-information-from-Springer-MT-Georgia-to-Mount-Katahdin-Maine

Lots of resupply ideas here from a respected in the know source. Already downloaded that file to my 8' tablet along with many others.

Dogwood
05-16-2016, 13:05
I hadn't planned on using them, they had just been mentioned to me as an option, and wanted others opinion of them.

"Where I think it would help Jjozgrunt is providing a short list of items you would typically order so we could see a sampling of your likes. "

I'm an ex grunt (Infantryman), I eat anything that's edible, and with military cooks, somethings that aren't. I was planning on just buying and eating whatever is available and resupplying as I go. I have a niece in Wisconsin that can send me anything I need that is hard to get.

If that is your situation buy food along the way as you are planning. The site does sell non food too though.

Dogwood
05-16-2016, 13:11
"I'm an ex grunt (Infantryman), I eat anything that's edible, and with military cooks, somethings that aren't."

Hey, you haven't sampled the delish meals prepared by my Uncle Larry, who the family respectfully called Sarge, who was a lifelong U.S. Army cook. :D

Bronk
05-16-2016, 14:01
Not really sure why this service is any different than ordering things off of Amazon, Walmart.com or any other site, other than the fact that these are items geared towards hikers.

Xycon
05-16-2016, 14:10
That's a big tablet...