PDA

View Full Version : REMEMBERING 3 Great Men... Thanks MISS J!

solace
05-16-2016, 12:25
TRAIL DAYS brought MANY of us together, we all came for many reasons, yet many of us came for 1 reason.. to remember 3 great men whose names, stories & Legend will LIVE on forever through each of us. OTTO, MAULA & JACK were smiling down & laughing with us I am sure. I had to take a moment to thank Miss J & each of you who made this possible! It was wonderful to share in the joy, sadness & laughs ALL TOGETHER as a Trail Family. In the days & white blazes ahead... take a moment to do some Trail Maintenance in honor of OTTO! Make a little "Maulified" coffee to share with someone in honor of MAULA! And take a moment to give some new hiker some words of Jack Wisdom while perhaps sharing a bit of bourbon as well in honor of BALTIMORE! As I said in Damascus.. I, like EACH of you ARE THE CLASS OD OTTO, MAULIFIED MAULA & BALTIMORE JACK TARILN! May thier stories, laughs & Love of the Appalachian Trail Live on through each of us! ..... I am sure by now that heaven is a bit more maintained thanks to Otto... people are even happier, thanks to Maula, and surely... by now, Jack has pissed off every angel possible (lets hope they don't run out of bourbon up there!)
With Laughs & Appreciation to each of you.. and 3 TRAIL Angels.... SOLACE