PDA

View Full Version : need ride to springer from pa to thru hike 3/4/06

mweinstone
01-01-2006, 13:24
im looking to pay for all gas and tolls and food in exchange for not having to take the bus.i cant pee on busses. i know its weird .other than that im a good passenger who is an artist living to fufill my 30 year old dream of completion of my beloved A T. ive started the AT before and am an accompleshed mountaineer so im a wealth of AT knowladge but not an equiptment buff who gets off on his new foon. im old school thru hiker and ive walked with the ledgends. i can tell stories of trail magic that make david blain look like ...well i dont know but not like a magic guy.please help me reach springer.matthewski out.

Panzer1
01-01-2006, 15:46
Sorry, I can't help you with a ride to GA, but I noticed live in Philadelphia. I work in center city Philly at 4th and Market. If you are in the area someday stop by and we'll have lunch and talk about the trail.

Happy trails

Panzer

PS: are you going to the PA Ruck Jan 27th? I am planning to head down, if you want to tag along.

Cheesewhiz
01-01-2006, 16:55
I am from the philadelphia area and am heading to TN on 3/17 then from there my uncle is taking me to springer. I plan on starting the approach trail on 3/21. Maybe we can arrange something.

A-Train
01-01-2006, 23:51
I believe that is the same weekend as the Billville Winter Warmer in Duncannon, PA. You should come to the event at the Doyle, and try to find a lift from there. There should hopefully be a couple 2006 hikers attending before their hikes. Even if there isn't I'd imagine somebodies gotta be heading downhill. Maybe Miss Janet will attend, and could at the least get you down to Tennessee from there. Look out for more information and posts on this event in the weeks to come.

mweinstone
01-02-2006, 18:05
hey "a' the doyal hotel is a great time. wont be making it as i can only go thruin this year if i work each day till lift off, zero hour, amma cabamma cocola falls here i come.no what i mean? its this springer double super sized 2 on the floor super charged hemi bird flu double feaver i caught as a boy. somehow all theese years iv kept my springer feaver in check but this year i cant live without my trail fix. im sellin everything,turrnin off the gas and lights and splittin. no one can stop me but me ...or god.each night i sleep next to my loaded pack dreaming. ive never been this close.sleeping with your dream in sight is some fine sleepin.my sons 16 ,im not runnin like all my attempts as a young punk.i got the time,money,and the feaver,wow i got the feaver.a fine thing it is to walk with spring.....lets all thank god we are able. what do you think earl was feeling 8 weeks before his fatefull start? i can tell you all this.......he felt his heart going at a faster pace and his mind focusing.a fine thing indeed.see ya down the trail. matthewski out

Pressure Treated
01-03-2006, 22:33
I live about 1 hour from from Springer in Alpharetta Georgia. I would be more than happy to take you as long as you start on the weekend. I thru-hiked in 2000. If I can help please let me know. I don't need any gas$$ or toll $$ I will be your first trail magic. Hope to hear from you. I would love to be a part of your trail experience. Peace
Groom(Greg Carithers)

mweinstone
01-03-2006, 23:24
im guessing you dont mean a ride from philly do you?on the other hand i got a ride from the trail once cause it was the persons religious belief that a brother in need was his duty to help .that man drove me 60 miles to my door .im looking to get a ride frome philadelphia to the trail .what are you suggestind if i my be so bold as to yogi.?

totempole99
01-04-2006, 00:27
I believe Pressure was trying to be nice to you mweinstone, not sarcastic. He probably assumed a bus ride to Gainesville for you, and then he graciously offered his services to you. Don’t bite the hand that feeds you.

Skyline
01-04-2006, 00:39
Philly to Springer...thats a very long cab ride. I bet you'd do better to take Amtrak's Crescent out of 30th St. Station to Gainesville GA, then take Pressure Treated up on his offer to get you to Springer.

The Crescent is a pretty nice long distance train with many amenities. You can probably pee on board. Definitely better than Greyhound.

mweinstone
01-04-2006, 17:21
i knew he was only offering a ride to springer from gainsvill but the way i read it, it sounded like maby just mabe he ment he was going from philly to his home in ge.no harm i hope.i am gonna keep looking for a ride all the way cause ive taken the sleeper car before and even though it is an adventure,idd rather start my trip less organized than that. sure ill be on the train on the 3rd if i must but theres somthing cool and homegrown about cutting amtrack out of my day.

Anumber1
01-04-2006, 22:52
hitch a ride with your local long-distance moving company.