PDA

View Full Version : Slightly holey Icebreaker Men's M bodyfit 105 boxers - $4

DLP
05-25-2016, 15:09
Selling used boxers with wear and several small 1/8" to 1/4" holes in the seat and crotch for the ultimate in ventilation! Icebreaker wool also helps with stink. I can't bear to send them to Thrift Town and this is the only group that could possibly want to buy holey underpants for about $4 (cost of an envelope and USPS)... maybe.

Let me know if you want more info or photos.

surfnturk
05-25-2016, 15:23
is this for real?

DLP
05-25-2016, 15:37
Yeah... If anybody wants to pay postage... I'll send them to you.

Lone Wolf
05-25-2016, 16:57
you really think someone would buy used damn underwear?

Lnj
05-25-2016, 17:04
you really think someone would buy used damn underwear?

OMG!!! ROTFL!! (Rolling on the floor laughing) Where is the little crying laughter emoji when you need it? I live for Lone Wolf's entries!! I was just stalking this thread waiting for someone to do this. SO glad it was Lone Wolf. Hahahahahhahahahahahaaaahhahhaaaaaa!!!!!!

Lugnut
05-25-2016, 17:13
What's the inseam?

Skidsteer
05-25-2016, 17:16
What's the inseam?

Hahahahaha!

Well done.

DLP
05-25-2016, 17:38
What's the inseam? 5.5 inches.

PRICE DROP! lol! Just calculated that it will cost me about $2.75 to mail them first class.

I believe that they are these underpants. http://www.amazon.com/Icebreaker-Anatomica-Boxers-Black-Large/dp/B00AFOMS06/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1464211880&sr=8-4-fkmr1&keywords=Icebreaker+150+bodyfit

The holes are tiny and don't really affect the functionality. They might affect the lifespan. The Icebreaker stuff doesn't wear as long as one would expect, given the original price.

Anyway, anybody want to try a pair of name-brand, (used to be) fancy pants... let me know and I'll throw them in the mail to you.

Hikingjim
05-25-2016, 17:44
Are there no interior pictures due to severe stains?

DLP
05-25-2016, 17:46
No stains. Just small holes.

Lone Wolf
05-25-2016, 17:58
freakin' nasty

Lnj
05-25-2016, 18:10
You just never know what you are going to get on this site. Its fabulous! I strongly suspect this is a jokester. I am holding to that thought, because I refuse to entertain the thought that anyone could be seriously trying to sell used, holey drawers... unless they belonged to like... Elvis or Bono or the like.

DLP
05-25-2016, 18:52
I strongly suspect this is a jokester. Nope. I used to post sorta regularly, but my stepdad went into the hospital April 3, 2015 and stayed there for several months and eventually passed away. I had to leave my life overnight and take care of my mom for several months. Returning to something resembling normalcy, now.

I sold a thermorest pad on this site that was absolutely covered in brown tree sap stains. The stains looked a whole lot like poo, but it was tree sap. Honestly. People's bare butts come in contact with pads and sleeping bags and stuff bought and sold used all the time. The pad went FAST. Is Just Bill around? Just Bill might remember my sleeping pad dilemmas.

Really, all I have to do is hang in the forest and wait until I come across somebody who has some horrible hiking poop accident in their pants, and that somebody will be super grateful for my holey used underpants. :)

I figured, probably nobody wanted the underpants... but what the heck... if somebody LOVES Icebreaker brand, hey maybe somebody'd want them.

Worst case, I'm thick skinned... how you think my underpants got holes in them? lol ;)

Ccm12
05-25-2016, 19:25
I have a stick of deodorant (degree men's extreme blast). Though branded for men, I think women would be fine using it as well. I have only swiped each underpit about 6 times, and it was always after a shower. I will sell it for .75 plus shipping. I should also mention it is clean of any underpit hairs. Really....like brand new.

Deadeye
05-25-2016, 21:41
I got half a stick of body glide... free!

Deadeye
05-25-2016, 21:42
Been thinking lately about staying away from WhiteBlaze... you may have sealed the deal

sheepdog
05-25-2016, 21:46
Has Shania Twain ever worn them?

canoe
05-25-2016, 21:48
You got any more? I ll take a dozen if you got em...but I would expect a deal.

bigmac_in
05-25-2016, 22:44
You never answered the inseam question. It is very important information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

imscotty
05-25-2016, 22:58
DLP is a straight shooter. This post was made with the best intentions. I'm glad you have thick skin DLP, and hope you can enjoy a laugh with us. This is pretty funny :)

I think Whiteblaze is the wrong audience for this item. I have been on other types of websites where used underwear seems to fetch a pretty high price :D

DLP
05-25-2016, 23:11
Hello imscotty! :) Did you do the JMT last year? I was in Visalia and could practically see Whitney from the front yard (on the one day that the air was fit to breathe).

OMG, I never considered THAT market! They've been washed. Any potential buyers will be disappointed that they smell like clean laundry. Unless, they have a laundry fetish...

QiWiz
05-26-2016, 15:22
I have to say I'm surprised that you are getting rid of underwear in such fine barely used condition.
Hiking underwear that I continue to use regularly is much holier than yours.
But not for sale.

Poedog
05-26-2016, 15:28
For a bunch of dirty hikers, I'm surprised at the grade-school like response to this. They're washed, clean, not smelly. If he took them off after a 30 mile day and shipped them out, then yeah, gross.

A few bucks for a pair of wool undies? Yes please! Pm incoming, I'll take em.

yaduck9
05-26-2016, 15:46
Selling used boxers with wear and several small 1/8" to 1/4" holes in the seat and crotch for the ultimate in ventilation! Icebreaker wool also helps with stink. I can't bear to send them to Thrift Town and this is the only group that could possibly want to buy holey underpants for about $4 (cost of an envelope and USPS)... maybe.

Let me know if you want more info or photos.

would you consider a lease instead of an outright purchase?

imscotty
05-26-2016, 16:01
Hello imscotty! :) Did you do the JMT last year? I was in Visalia and could practically see Whitney from the front yard (on the one day that the air was fit to breathe).

OMG, I never considered THAT market! They've been washed. Any potential buyers will be disappointed that they smell like clean laundry. Unless, they have a laundry fetish...

Hello DLP, yes, my JMT hike exceeded all expectations. I slept the last night on top of Whitney. The smoke did get a bit troublesome near the end, but all-in-all spectacular. I hope to make it out there later this summer to do a PCT section hike north out of Tuolumne Meadoows.

DLP
05-26-2016, 18:16
Thanks Poedog! Received your PM. :)

Scotty - It was terribly smokey in the valley last summer. Glad you had an awesome hike.

George
05-26-2016, 18:45
I have to say I'm surprised that you are getting rid of underwear in such fine barely used condition.
Hiking underwear that I continue to use regularly is much holier than yours.
But not for sale.

that is a holier than thou attitude

maddog5150
05-26-2016, 20:09
Has Shania Twain ever worn them?

I can't believe this didn't get any comments.... It was my favorite response. :)

SWODaddy
05-26-2016, 21:13
Could I pay you $2.75 to mail them to someone I don't like? :-?

jimmyjam
05-26-2016, 21:21
Could I pay you $2.75 to mail them to someone I don't like? :-?

Now that there's got the evil rotten part of my mind just thinking about who I'd want to send those to.

Bronk
05-27-2016, 13:56
Why does Lone Wolf even have an opinion here...he doesn't even wear underwear.

chrisj1567
05-27-2016, 15:10
I cant believe i keep checking back and reading this thread!

JRinGeorgia
05-29-2016, 17:29
Man o man, tough crowd. If you don't want 'em, don't buy 'em. Here's a guy with a piece of gear that checks a lot of boxes and he's basically offering it for free if you pay postage, I like that. Personally I wouldn't buy used underwear with holes in it, but I'm fine to let someone who would want these to strike a deal. Better than adding them to the garbage heap.

The challenges and retorts really weren't necessary. The funny comments...OK, they were funny, and the OP seemed to roll with the punches in good spirit. All in all a good thread and a nice gesture IMO.

-Rush-
05-30-2016, 16:54
The challenges and retorts really weren't necessary. The funny comments...OK, they were funny, and the OP seemed to roll with the punches in good spirit. All in all a good thread and a nice gesture IMO.

Hmm.. selling used hiker underwear with holes? Just use them as a salty balaclava.

Poedog
05-30-2016, 20:59
Thanks for the wool DLP! It's not everyday a sweet lady mails me undies. Heck, she wouldn't even let me pay for shipping :)

And they're *gasp* clean!

rocketsocks
05-30-2016, 21:16
You took a nose burried big ol' whiff didn't cha, didn't you?:D Good deal.:)

DLP
06-02-2016, 12:22
You are welcome, PoeDog. Wear them in good health!... or put in the trash. :) Whatever works for you.

rocketsocks
06-02-2016, 12:55
Ice breakers have great resale value, use em and pass em on.

kenp
06-10-2016, 19:29
By "holey", I assume you mean blessed by the pope? What was done in these uw to deserve such an accolade?