PDA

View Full Version : Leki anti-shock problem. Help?

Long feet
01-02-2006, 03:13
I just received a pair of trekking poles for Christmas and was disappointed in finding that one of the springs sticks. The anti-shock system is engaged but it takes a second for the shock to work. The other side works well and pops right out after taking pressure off of it. Is there any way to fix this problem? I have the Ultralite TiCOR-TEC PA AS model. Thank you in advance for any help.

general
01-02-2006, 09:40
try to lubricate it with something like 3in1. if that doesn't work, take em to your outfitter, and they should either have the correct replacement part, or they should at least be able to resolve the problem with leki. i've always found that leki has had great customer service. if it's broke, they'll fix it.

RedneckRye
01-02-2006, 13:18
Don't put any type of lubricant inside the shafts. It will cause them to collapse when you really lean on them. The expander thing that locks the pole to whatever length you want relies on friction. Leki has 2 types of anti-shock. The triple spring is on older models and is just that, a spring. The ELS (elastomer something or other, or maybe easy lock ??) is on the newer poles. It has an elastomer that will occasionally want to grab and may take some time to "break in".

Grampie
01-02-2006, 13:28
Don't put any type of lubricant inside the shafts. It will cause them to collapse when you really lean on them. The expander thing that locks the pole to whatever length you want relies on friction. Leki has 2 types of anti-shock. The triple spring is on older models and is just that, a spring. The ELS (elastomer something or other, or maybe easy lock ??) is on the newer poles. It has an elastomer that will occasionally want to grab and may take some time to "break in".
Leki definately does not recommend any kind of lubrication. I'd take them to a Leki dealer.
I have a set of Leki shock absorber poles with about 3000 miles on them. They also stick once in awhile if you don't engage the spring action once in awhile.

Burn
01-02-2006, 16:21
antishock lock
sounds to me like one is locked and the other is unlocked. the one that anti shocks fine is unlocked....now i believe if you push down on the nonshocking one and turn just a tad this will allow the inside to disengage so it will antishock. one of mine was set like that when i bought it new.
maybe not.

to clean, use a gun cleaning brush. make 10-20 brushes in and out, blow dust out with air, the plastic parts could be degraded by the petrolium additives in wd-40 and it is slick so that it wouldn't hold tight if you were using immediately.

when at trail days, the leki guy will clean repair or replace any damaged or excessively worn parts for free. after at least 1k, mine just need a new cleaning.

if yer little packslip is not there i betcha can google the instructions to adjust the antishock system...if that doesn't work, send em back or carry em to the local outfitter for a replacement.