PDA

View Full Version : Hungry?

Different Socks
05-28-2016, 08:51
So how about this for a burger when you come off the trail?

34951and BTW I've tried several times to have the photo come out vertical.

merebrilliance
05-28-2016, 12:47
Oh my!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Pedaling Fool
05-28-2016, 13:08
I just got back from a brutal round of weightlifting, followed by an intense tempo ride. Gonna go make a sandwich just like that one:)

Sarcasm the elf
05-28-2016, 15:04
:D

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php/59631-Calorie-Filled-Backpacking-Food

saltysack
05-30-2016, 07:41
*** is that! Looks like a heart attack waiting to happen!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greenlight
05-30-2016, 09:04
Guy Fieri built one of those for a friend on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. I wanted so bad to try to get it in my belly. BTW, the reason it won't allow you to post it vertically is because the camera gods knew you'd never be able to get it in your mouth that way, so there was no mortal reason to present it in that format.

35king
05-30-2016, 09:08
I'd take it down

Christoph
05-30-2016, 16:40
So how about this for a burger when you come off the trail?
Come off the trail, how about come off work a few minutes ago? I kinda want one right NOW!

DavidNH
05-30-2016, 17:28
not appetizing in the least

Pedaling Fool
05-30-2016, 17:52
The body wants what the body wants. That sandwich would be totally appealing to a starving thru-hiker that's been on the trail for over a month and doing serious rationing.

I said above that I was going to make a sandwich that looked just like that, but I never did; I ate chicken and gumbo soup that night. I've been beating myself up for the last week, both in the weight room, running and doing really hard multiple sprints on the bike on 30-mile rides, but still I can't develop the hunger I experienced on the trail.

I'm at the point now where I'm just totally spent, gonna take the next couple days real easy. It's really hard to get that Thru-hiker Appetite at home, just too much food around, despite the fact that I don't eat breakfast, my dinners keep me way more fueled up than on a thru-hike.

Dogwood
05-30-2016, 17:56
Must have been inspired by a visit to Devils Tower WY or watching a Memorial Day rerun of Close Encounters of the Third Kind or is suicidal.

Is there a cardiologist in the house?

Glorifying GLUTTONY seems to be an accepted thing these days.

Dogwood
05-30-2016, 17:59
Guy Fieri built one of those for a friend on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. I wanted so bad to try to get it in my belly. BTW, the reason it won't allow you to post it vertically is because the camera gods knew you'd never be able to get it in your mouth that way, so there was no mortal reason to present it in that format.

Guy's show was one I immediately had in mind when I said "glorifying GLUTTONY seems to be an accepted thing these days."

rocketsocks
05-30-2016, 18:00
...that's not to bad at all.