PDA

View Full Version : shelter

Nearly Normal
01-02-2006, 04:15
Just wanted to know if anyone has the enhanced Lunar Solo from Six Moons.
I have a good light 2 man tent and a good tarp but want something for buggy and/or cold trips.
Thanks,
Pete56

Zzzzdyd
01-02-2006, 07:28
Hi ya Pete.

I have one ordered now. According to the reviews I read at Ron's site the Solo-e will really help with the bugs, but not the cold, other than spilling the wind really well when set up correctly. I ordered mine after discussions with footslogger and Ron at Six Moon. I have been using the ID Sil-Shelter and reasonably happy with it, but believe I will be much happier with the Solo-e.

Call Ron at Six Moons, he's struck me as a real straight shooter and will be glad to answer any questions you have. I do know from my conversations with him that the new '06 model will have a zipper for the bug fly door, and a full one piece tub style floor.

I ordered the lightweight version.
I also ordered the Tyvek ground sheet with it.

Good luck and good hiking.
:cool:

Footslogger
01-02-2006, 16:21
Pete ...

I've had mine for about year now and am convinced that it's the "best of class" in the lightweight solo shelter arena. I've been through several single wall silnylon designs and have never been as satisfied with a solo shelter as I am with the Lunar Solo-e. When the wife and I hike together we still use our Squall from Henry Shires but it's way more than what you need when you're on your own.

In my experience, the Lunar Solo-e is the best overall combination of weight and ease of set up.

If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them ...provided I know the answer. Also, Ron Moak at Six Moon Design is willing and available to work directly with you.

'Slogger