PDA

View Full Version : How did New Years on Springer go?

lobster
01-02-2006, 13:05
How many turned out?

generoll
01-02-2006, 14:08
Who was counting? The shelter appeared full and most of the tent sites were occupied. It appeared that there was the expected turnout of drunks, stoners, and general merrymakers. Pick whichever category you feel you belong in and you would have found a peer group to hang out with.

And a very happy new year to all that I met and whose names I've already forgotten. Wonder which group I should claim.

MOWGLI
01-02-2006, 15:31
Happy New Year to you too Gene. Sorry I missed the fun. Youngblood tells me it was a good time. I'll have to wait to see the usual suspects at the SORUCK.

Skidsteer
01-02-2006, 18:18
It appeared that there was the expected turnout of drunks, stoners, and general merrymakers. Wonder which group I should claim.

Now I REALLY wish I had made it! Happy New Year Gene!

jlb2012
01-02-2006, 18:39
it was a good party and unlike last year there was a fair group still up at midnight (but not me - I hit the sack about at 9) - 4 SOBOs completed and at least 2 NOBOs starting the next day - lots of good memories but best not repeated in case I get it wrong and embarass myself.

awol
01-02-2006, 20:58
I certainly had fun. Being new to this I enjoyed meeting everyone. Special props to the gratefulyankee for cooking pancakes, sausage, and six and a half dozen eggs for everyone in the morning!!!

Youngblood
01-03-2006, 09:16
Some of the shelter dwellers said that the campfire in front of the shelter kept it full of smoke all night, especially the loft, and there may have been a comment or two about loud snoring... good stuff if you selected a spot far away from the shelter. I set up my hammock a long ways from the shelter, went to sleep well before midnight and was only awoken by some hootin' & hollerin' at midnight. The great sunrise, the good company and the gratefulyankee's breakfast made if a morning to cherish.

I didn't get to meet everyone, some came in after dark, some names I didn't catch and I'm not real good at remembering new names anyway, especially by the dozen. Maybe next year we can use some glow in the dark nametags.

Newb
01-03-2006, 09:20
Youngblood, if you were hammock hanging I bet 10 to 1 that J.D. and SkyDog came over and talked gear with you.

Sly
01-03-2006, 09:37
I gotta ask. How did greatfulyankee, cook such a large breakfast? Was in on the mountain or at the parking area?

Youngblood
01-03-2006, 09:53
Yeah, there was close to a dozen hammockers there to talk gear with.

greatfulyankee cooked it on a two-burner stove on the table in front of the shelter. Brought everything needed, paper plates, plastic forks, salt & pepper, etc. He did it all the way.

Sly
01-03-2006, 10:05
Cool. Nothing like good ole Yankee hospitality! ;)