PDA

View Full Version : Bargain buy - Kelty Coyote 4750 pack

jgillam
05-31-2016, 15:20
I am selling this pack to help fund the purchase of a new one. The pack is a little old and a little heavy but, would be a good option for someone on a budget.

I don't really know what it is worth but I will start by asking $115.00 shipped within the continental US. I will consider any offer and do accept PayPal (goods and services) and will eat the fees and shipping costs.

This pack was purchased in the spring of 2005 and was used for a rim-to-rim-to-rim Grand Canyon hiking trip.

Since the 2005 trip, the pack has been stored in a plastic tub in my garage and has only been taken out a few times for Cub Scout trips with my son.

During my GC trip I found that the shoulder straps dug in and we slightly uncomfortable but, didn't think much of the comfort until I pulled it out last weekend for a day hike with the scouts. Afterwards, I spoke with a reputable hiking store about my concerns and basically determined because my shoulders are pretty wide, I was probably incorrectly fit for the pack years ago. After trying on some current offerings, I would tend to agree with their assessment.

This pack, despite being 10 years old, is in fantastic shape with only a little dirt to show that it was ever used. It has a ton of pockets and great features and is H2O bladder compatible. If I did the conversion correctly, the pack is about 77 liters.

As a reference for determine how this pack might fit you, please note that I am about 6'2" 260 with broad shoulders.

I am new to WB but have been active on an archery forum many years and have a perfect feedback history there.

Please feel free to PM me with questions. If you would rather talk, let me know and I will send you my contact info.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160531/a925b947278ad85fb6c75f1a710fa59f.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160531/6e9a8c76eb65be6fc233bf34075b6451.jpg

rocketsocks
05-31-2016, 15:36
This pack is bomb proof and built to last. I have one and used to carry rocks in it...a lot of rocks. it's still going strong though my rock carryin' days are over.

jgillam
06-07-2016, 08:28
I am open to offers.

jgillam
09-07-2016, 21:26
Feel free to throw me an offer, even an unreasonable one. As long as I have this pack in the garage, my wife let me get another[emoji20]

egilbe
09-08-2016, 09:25
There is no "one pack fits all" Sheesh, I would be buying and selling a pack monthly if I could only have one pack. Man up and buy the pack you need. Does she ask your permission to buy new shoes or get her hair colored or cut?

jgillam
09-08-2016, 10:23
Egible...you sir, must be a alpha male. I have heard of them but, have never met one in person[emoji3]The rest of us need permission to make purchases and yes, my lovely wife does ask before she spends money, its kinda funny actually. You see, my wife and I are on a pretty strict, mutually agreed to, budget and communication is key.

The good news is that in 2 years my 20 year mortgage will be paid off 15 years early and I'm going buy some of the crap I want. If this pack hasn't found a good home by then, I'll just give it to you for making me chuckle this morning. [emoji1360]

You'll have to forgive me but, I've got to get back to folding the laundry and doing the dishes so that the house is clean when my submissive wife gets home. LOL

egilbe
09-08-2016, 18:19
I Divorced my wife, but my diminutive 5ft gf can scare the hell out of me. :D

jgillam
09-12-2016, 19:55
This pack was sold locally. Thread closed.