PDA

View Full Version : Big Thanks to Ron Haven and Budget Inn - Franklin, NC

capehiker
06-01-2016, 10:21
I have to give a huge public thanks to Ron Haven, his wife, Solace, and the rest of the staff at the Franklin Budget Inn. I just spent 9 days healing from a badly sprained ankle. Ron and company assisted me with some local town shuttles, trips to the hospital, and daily room attendance. I also watched Ron do some pretty nice things for people that he didn't have to do. Franklin itself is a wonderful hiker town and every day I saw random acts of kindness. I will consider Franklin a home away from home.

Also- I need to plug Three Eagles Outfitters. There's another shop that tends to get more publicity, but TEO is legit. Not to mention Kevin is one of the good ones out there. I found them to be extremely knowledgeable and friendly.

I'm back on the trail (finally) but before I disappear into the woods, I wanted to thank Ron and let other hikers know how much I enjoyed my time there.

Tom

"Just Tom"

Recalc
06-01-2016, 10:57
I met Ron and Solace last year in Franklin. They treated me well and I appreciated their assistance.

Rain Man
06-01-2016, 14:39
Where is that dang "Like" button when I need it here on WB?!!!

:)

-Rush-
06-01-2016, 15:32
+1

Ron is a true master of southern hospitality. I had a blast hanging out at the Budget Inn and shuttling around town with him.