PDA

View Full Version : Apr 1st Hiker Fool Bash

tiamalle
01-02-2006, 23:55
Happy New Year to everyone,I know so many are planning the 2006
North Bound Hike.In Franklin the the trail party is from 3/30/06 to 4/3/06
at Sapphire Inn.We have plenty of rooms available in Sapphire Inn or at
Haven's Budget Inn both of Franklin.There are other motels in Franklin and
all are welcome to the bash.We have room for some tents,Free shuttles from Winding Stair,Rock and Wallace Gaps.We also can help with any other shuttles needed in this area,We also except free maildrops in Franklin.We have just installed new DELL computers at Budget Inn for Hikers,Evening shuttle in town from 3/1 til 5/1 We help with slack packing and other hiker
services.We have a small bus to handle groups.Need to go to airports/bus
Questions? Feel free to call us or check out our websites sapphireinn.net
or havensbudgetinn.com We welcome comments,compliments,criticism
We always offer hikers great hiker rates and treat you like family when you
are in Franklin,NC With our free shuttle to/from these listed trailheads it is
as handy and easy as towns like Damascus and Hot Springs.
:welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome

digger51
01-03-2006, 02:10
Ron, I will be there if Im breathing and no bones are in more than one piece. But you know you are letting yourself open to all the criticism by some of the negatives here. You have treated me right every year I come through there and as long as I am hiking I will make the Haven Motel a definite stop. I will call later to make a reservation when I get closer to Franklin. May the Lord bless you and yours with a very happy and prosperous new year.

Big Oz
01-03-2006, 17:05
sounds like a plan,

tiamalle
01-03-2006, 17:31
Ron, I will be there if Im breathing and no bones are in more than one piece. But you know you are letting yourself open to all the criticism by some of the negatives here. You have treated me right every year I come through there and as long as I am hiking I will make the Haven Motel a definite stop. I will call later to make a reservation when I get closer to Franklin. May the Lord bless you and yours with a very happy and prosperous new year.Thanks Digger but I have a clear frame of mind that We all here try to help hikers with the very best of our ability
year around.I know there are other places well praised on here that do far less than us.I know a few critisize me who don't even know me.My opinion
is what we do wins in the end. Maybe they won't be to hard on me.Possibly
I will get some pointers on something we can do to better serve our guest.
But anyway"the fiesta I believe will be great,It was last year"I will Look
forward to seeing you there.Ps bring some friends.
:jump :jump :jump :jump :jump

tiamalle
03-15-2006, 22:54
I just wanted to boost this thread as a reminder for this Bash.All that can stop in.http://sapphireinn.net for details.Click on appalachian trail services
for details.

Almost There
03-16-2006, 00:39
Ron do you remember which hotel I have a room reserved in for April 1st? Looking forward to seeing you again!

Teatime
03-16-2006, 02:06
Ron is da Bomb! Wish I could be there.

Bassline
03-16-2006, 02:57
Ron is a terrible person. I did my best to have a "wilderness experience," and he ruined it for me by showing up at a shelter with 6 pizzas and a cooler full of sodas. In all seriousness, I had a fun and memorable stay at the Haven. Ron does good things for the hiker community. It is all good.

Bassline

tiamalle
03-16-2006, 17:28
Ron do you remember which hotel I have a room reserved in for April 1st? Looking forward to seeing you again!I'm in my office at my shop but I think I have it for Budget Inn.Thanks all you friends and look forward to seeing all of you,Ron
:sun

digger51
03-16-2006, 19:32
Ron, i will be driving through saturday to drop off a bounce box on my way to springer. I will make a reservation then. Thanks for all you do for us .

tiamalle
03-16-2006, 21:40
Ron, i will be driving through saturday to drop off a bounce box on my way to springer. I will make a reservation then. Thanks for all you do for us .Hey,Digger be looking forward to see you.

Pirate
03-17-2006, 16:13
Greetings from Gatlinburg. Hope to get backdown your way for the 1 April Bash. Should be out of the Smokies tomorrow.

Sly
03-17-2006, 17:12
But you know you are letting yourself open to all the criticism by some of the negatives here.

Water under the bridge. I think everyone that has actually met Ron, knows better by now. He's gone out of his way consistantly and has been most generous.

Anyway, I hope to make it down if I can get the day off.

tiamalle
03-17-2006, 21:28
Pirate,we will be looking for you,and Sly I have a couple of doctor friends and I'll have one of them to write you a lay out of work permit,

neo
03-18-2006, 00:06
:D http://www.hennessyhammock.com/

:D http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=10085&c=665&userid=3462

:cool: neo

tiamalle
03-26-2006, 17:15
all are welcome to the bash.We have room for some tents,Free shuttles from Winding Stair,Rock and Wallace Gaps.We also can help with any other shuttles needed in this area,We also except free maildrops in Franklin.We have just installed new DELL computers at Budget Inn for Hikers,Evening shuttle in town from 3/1 til 5/1 We help with slack packing and other hiker
:welcome :welcome :welcomeThis Thursday March 30th starts the bash.

Smile
03-26-2006, 19:03
Solace talked up this event so much!! Hope to get there as I get back on trail, have fun all if I don't make it....the food sounds awesome ;-)

Lone Wolf
03-26-2006, 20:30
I'll be there.

Almost There
03-27-2006, 00:10
See ya there Wolf!!! We'll have some more PBR!!! I'll be there Saturday afternoon/evening!

neo
03-27-2006, 02:35
:welcome

:D beep beep:cool: neo

Big Oz
03-27-2006, 22:37
:D beep beep:cool: neoI want to stop by.

afsargent
03-27-2006, 23:01
I have to say Ron does help us hikers out alot. When hiking I will make the Haven Motel a definite stop as I have in the past. See you at the fest.

tiamalle
03-28-2006, 00:33
I have to say Ron does help us hikers out alot. When hiking I will make the Haven Motel a definite stop as I have in the past. See you at the fest.Alright,If you can bring some friends.

tiamalle
03-28-2006, 01:10
I want to stop by.http://www.sapphireinn.net/aboutus.asp?id06=108&par06=0 or you can click on this http://appalachiantrailservices.com/index.php?env=-inlink/index:m277-1-1-1-s&reset=1 for info of bash or Sapphire Inn

tiamalle
03-28-2006, 23:27
Greetings from Gatlinburg. Hope to get backdown your way for the 1 April Bash. Should be out of the Smokies tomorrow.The tour guides are expecting you Pirate.

tiamalle
03-31-2006, 01:18
Alright,If you can bring some friends.What a wonderful turnout.Hikers you gotta stop in:welcome

Almost There
03-31-2006, 09:45
Hey Ron,

I am assuming I can set up my shuttle needs when I check in tomorrow, but I want to make sure and if I need to I will call later today. Let me know.

Hoby
03-31-2006, 10:22
I see Ron just about every day drive by my Store moving hickers back and forth. He is a great guy! Thanks Ron! We had fun last night and the food was great! My sister, Beth (allsmall), is over there giving out free coffee this morning. (Hawaiian Kona and Yemen Moca) I will also be posting a link to pictures taken at the bash later today and adding to it as the bash continues. Thanks again Ron!

Mark (Hoby)
http://hobnobr.com Franklin's New Internet Cafe!

MOWGLI
03-31-2006, 10:32
Hoby:

:welcome and good luck with your business. Tell us about your coffee!

Hoby
04-01-2006, 01:00
Can't say much but I'll tell ya what I do know.
We feature a different coffee each day from around the world. We also keep Hawaiian Kona around as well. However it is our most popular so we are out until Tuesday. We make all kinds of espresso drinks and make it to order. Full decaf menu. My sister is the coffee guru she would be better at answering your question. I am the computer geek.

Here are some pictures of the bash so far.

http://hobnobr.com/hikerbash06.cgi

Enjoy!

Thanks,
Mark

tiamalle
04-01-2006, 09:42
I see Ron just about every day drive by my Store moving hickers back and forth. He is a great guy! Thanks Ron! We had fun last night and the food was great! My sister, Beth (allsmall), is over there giving out free coffee this morning. (Hawaiian Kona and Yemen Moca) I will also be posting a link to pictures taken at the bash later today and adding to it as the bash continues. Thanks again Ron!

Mark (Hoby)
http://hobnobr.com Franklin's New Internet Cafe!Thanks Hoby and Your business here in Franklin is an asset to Hikers:sun :sun :sun

galaleemc
04-01-2006, 11:29
Hi Ron

We will be heading up later today as soon as we can get away from the Trout Farm customers.
We will be bringing Nokia, Liv, and Wonderfoot with us.
If you hear of anyone wanting a ride from Hiawassee let us know....we can pack em in, but they will be on their own coming back, or at our pleasure to ride back with us Sunday.

I'll be bringing some smoked trout dip to share, hope the entertainment will still be around!

We are all looking forward to our first "Arpil Fools Hiker Bash".

Laura and Frank

tiamalle
04-01-2006, 18:41
Hi Ron

We will be heading up later today as soon as we can get away from the Trout Farm customers.
We will be bringing Nokia, Liv, and Wonderfoot with us.
If you hear of anyone wanting a ride from Hiawassee let us know....we can pack em in, but they will be on their own coming back, or at our pleasure to ride back with us Sunday.

I'll be bringing some smoked trout dip to share, hope the entertainment will still be around!

We are all looking forward to our first "Arpil Fools Hiker Bash".

Laura and FrankWe are looking forward to see you and if you don't mind to stop at holiday IE and Hia Inn and ask.maybe there are some,thanks

BW2006
04-04-2006, 14:49
Hey Ron,

I am assuming I can set up my shuttle needs when I check in tomorrow, but I want to make sure and if I need to I will call later today. Let me know.Fun was had.

mheider
04-06-2006, 00:07
You were a Angel Indeed to my son Big X. Thanks for looking out for him during his time of need. Franklin is a town of Angels.

Wonder
04-06-2006, 10:48
Had a blast! Finding Yuengling lager in a parkinglot in NC was like a philly girls dream come true! Thank you sooooo much!

lbbrown
04-06-2006, 10:51
Had a blast! Finding Yuengling lager in a parkinglot in NC was like a philly girls dream come true! Thank you sooooo much!

But did you find any pretzels or cheesesteaks?????????

Lone Wolf
04-06-2006, 11:11
Yuengling is everywhere now. There's a brewery in Florida. They've gone yuppie/commercial.

MOWGLI
04-06-2006, 11:17
Yuengling is everywhere now. There's a brewery in Florida. They've gone yuppie/commercial.

Yeah, what's next? Hiker Trash is gonna start taking up golf? ;)

Wonder
04-14-2006, 19:30
Man....I sure hope not....unless it's frisbee golf....that I can handle