PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle available in Lee/Tyringham area?

Teacher & Snacktime
06-09-2016, 12:18
Planning our annual jaunt to Upper Goose Pond Cabin, but might like to extend things southward a bit. Is there anyone out there that offers shuttle service so I can get back to my car on Rt 20 or Main St Tyringham?

Starchild
06-09-2016, 12:43
The cookie lady (in the guide book, IIRC just north of Tyraham, south of Becket, Washington road?), shuttles.

Gambit McCrae
06-09-2016, 12:56
I do not remember his name, I want to say Bryan?? He owns an organic farm around that area, pawns needy thru hikers off on free labor to "teach" them how to farm for a week. he picked me up on a hitch out of Tyringham, and was a HUGE jerk, big time arse. He was so rude that I offered to get out of his vehicle at which time he settled down and stopped saying rude things. Anyway, long story short, don't use him lol Another shuttle lady that I ended up staying with for the evening said he had MANY rumors of getting hikers drunk and sexually abusing them, male and female.

I don't know why I never posted this I guess I just forgot all about it until the town name came up, my story is circa fall 15' so still relevant.

Teacher & Snacktime
06-09-2016, 13:44
I do not remember his name, I want to say Bryan?? He owns an organic farm around that area, pawns needy thru hikers off on free labor to "teach" them how to farm for a week. he picked me up on a hitch out of Tyringham, and was a HUGE jerk, big time arse. He was so rude that I offered to get out of his vehicle at which time he settled down and stopped saying rude things. Anyway, long story short, don't use him lol Another shuttle lady that I ended up staying with for the evening said he had MANY rumors of getting hikers drunk and sexually abusing them, male and female.

I don't know why I never posted this I guess I just forgot all about it until the town name came up, my story is circa fall 15' so still relevant.

Gambit,

I've read loads of your posts and comments and had no complaints, but I've got to say, I don't know why you posted this one either!
No harm no foul though, and let me be more clear....

Anyone know of a shuttler in the Tyringham/Lee area they'd recommend as safe and reliable for an older woman travelling alone with a child?

:)

Gambit McCrae
06-09-2016, 15:09
Anyone know of a shuttler in the Tyringham/Lee area they'd recommend as safe and reliable for an older woman travelling alone with a child?

:)

Thank you for the compliment! I really enjoy giving my input :) haha

The reason I posted was to educate you guys and others on what I consider a bad apple in the area. I guess I could have lead with "I don't know of a great one but one to steer clear of is ..." Now I know of one that is in Sheffield that is OUTSTANDING. her name is Jesse, and she runs shuttles in the Hartford up to Goose pond are, (maybe further), she is a delightful, family friendly college professor who offers her home as a quaint hostel of sorts. She helped get me healed up after a bad virus I had in Mass this September. Might be worth a shout to her 860-248-5710

Teacher & Snacktime
06-09-2016, 16:11
Thanks so much! This appears to be exactly what I need now that our plans have firmed up a bit.

I do appreciate the "avoid this" info though, as it is actually more important to be aware of potential problems.

Rain Man
06-11-2016, 22:30
A photo of Jesse (on the left) at Maria McCabe's home in Salisbury about three weeks ago on my section hike. I planned to stay with her, but she had to go out of town for a funeral, so I wasn't able to. But have her business card in case you have trouble contacting her. She shuttled Speedbump over to hike for a couple of days with us.

Now I know of one that is in Sheffield that is OUTSTANDING. her name is Jesse, and she runs shuttles in the Hartford up to Goose pond are, (maybe further), she is a delightful, family friendly college professor who offers her home as a quaint hostel of sorts. She helped get me healed up after a bad virus I had in Mass this September. Might be worth a shout to her 860-248-5710