PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a mail drop in northern PA

Ashman
06-10-2016, 09:32
I'm looking to do a mail drop in northern PA. Our group is going through town on a Sunday and would prefer not to stay in town for the Post Office to open. I'm striking out in my efforts to find a business that will take a mail drop that is open on a Sunday. Any ideas? Are there other viable (preferably without a hitch) mail drop options either a day north or south of Port Clinton?

ki0eh
06-10-2016, 14:17
On the south side of Port Clinton, PA, the A.T. crosses the Schuylkill River Trail rail-trail. At the A.T. crossing, this rail trail parallels, slightly higher on the hillside, the active railroad.
0.8 miles south ("east" in the A.T. sense), this flat, surfaced rail-trail crosses under PA 61.
A scramble (no worse than what you will see on the A.T. in Lehigh Gap) gets you up to the shoulder of PA 61.
0.4 (yes, less than 1/2) miles south on PA 61 is a traffic light, Lowland Rd according to Google (I can't remember) but big pedestal sign for Walmart.
0.4 miles back that road is Super Walmart #4612, 1800 Tilden Ridge, Hamburg PA 19526, 484 668-4001. Total 1.6 miles from the A.T.

The days of Port Clinton being way back in BFE are long gone.