PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow springs & Laurel Creek Lodge

DRRouner
01-28-2003, 23:27
From what I understand new owners have bought these campground. Does anybody know if there will be any changes? Are they still hiker friendly? It will be weird not seeing Jensine and Buddy not around, when I come through this spring.

jensine
01-29-2003, 16:32
Thanks for thinking of us. We'll miss all of you too.
As of right now we are helping the new owners with
getting ready for the hiking season. Their plans are
to run things the same way. However, they are
inexperienced. ( But so were we 18 yrs. ago). We
will be assisting them in anyway possible. Have a great hike.
Jensine

Peaks
01-29-2003, 17:13
I hope the new owners will continue serving the chili on cool rainy days.

jensine
01-29-2003, 19:03
The new owners didn't purchase my chili recipe.
Actually I've been making it so long, there really isn't a recipe.
But maybe if some of you give them enough flak (joke) I'll make some for them. This is the first Jan. & Feb. in 18 yrs. that we haven't spent making almost 50+ gallons of chili. Kind of feels good. Thanks Peaks!!

The Weasel
01-29-2003, 19:57
Jensine ---

I'm glad you're teaching them all of your particular ways of doing things, and it's good to know that there will be a continuation of long standing traditions in Franklin! Are you giving them "how to argue with The Weasel" lessons? Or just how to reload the 20-guage for when he shows up again? If so, I'll do my best to keep it entertaining for them! My best wishes to you and Buddy in whatever you do next. Have you considered going into the sign making business? If so, let me know...I need a few hundred!!!

You're good sports, and I hope we cross paths again!

The Weasel

jensine
01-29-2003, 21:33
Thanks Weasel, really there were never any hard feelings, and we appreciate your good wishes. No I haven't warned the new owners. Actually, they are really looking for someone to manage the campground. Maybe you would like to do that, and if so , I'll make the signs for free!! LOL, Heck I still can't figure out these damn smiley faces. Good luck to you on your future hikes.
Jensine

The Weasel
01-30-2003, 02:38
Me? Manage the campground? Hey, Jensy...that's WORK, and I'm just a lawyer with old boots!

The Weasel

Mountain Dew
05-06-2003, 11:50
The Laurel Creek Lodge is being run by a guy named John who is a good guy. I stayed there for a few days and John and staff were very helpful.