PDA

View Full Version : Oddball question about Jetboil pots

damskipi
06-11-2016, 22:30
This may be a completely ridiculous question but try as I might I can't seem to find an answer via Google.

I am moving and I don't have any pots in the house anymore. But, I'd really like to cook something. I have a Jetboil that needs to be returned because the stove part doesn't work. Could I use the Jetboil pot on my kitchen stove without ruining the pot? It's an electric stove, it seems like a gas stove would work fine but I'm not sure about electric stoves.

Thanks in advance for humoring me!

Connie
06-11-2016, 22:33
I wouldn't.

Some have complained the bottem portion of the JetBoil cookpot comes apart. The instructions from JetBoil are very clear to use the JetBoil cookware as directed.

damskipi
06-11-2016, 22:36
Thank you!

Starchild
06-12-2016, 08:30
Yes agree, you might get away with it with a gas stove. But you can use a alchy stove with a jetboil, easiest way is a metal tealight candle holder (with candle removed). Fill and light and place the Jetboil right over it.

Connie
06-12-2016, 08:39
It works well with my JetBoil.

The heating fins on the cookpot, however, are also cooling fins, so the cookpot alone isn't much value for food prep or hot water outdoors. I had the same experience wirh their frying pan.