PDA

View Full Version : place to leave luggage in Staunton or Waynesboro

MonsterX
06-12-2016, 05:17
Hi, new poster here. I am planning a 4 day hike in SNP near the end of June, with my two kids, 11 and 9. We are coming from Finland, and this hike is the warm up hike on a big cross-country trip, we're also doing Glacier and North Cascades. We are traveling with Amtrak, coming from D.C. and then continuing a few days later westward. Because we are traveling with Amtrak, one challenge is to get from Staunton to the trailhead, which I guess we can find shuttles for.

My question is where to leave our non-backpacking stuff? We have city clothes and whatnot along with us. Staunton Amtrak doesn't have a left-luggage service listed on the Amtrak site. We could rent a car, just to put our stuff in it:) But one of the things I don't want to do is leave it at the trailhead. Or stay at a hotel just for the left-luggage service - probably we will do that on the way out anyway. But suggestions as to what to do would be welcome.

Hikingjim
06-12-2016, 09:32
you could ask at stanimal's hostel in waynesborough if you could leave a bit of stuff there. he does shuttles too, so that could work for the two things you need
[email protected]
540-290-4002

Jeff
06-12-2016, 10:06
Another vote for Stanimals...very reliable service provider.

MonsterX
06-12-2016, 12:21
Ok, I will call Stanimal and see what he says. Thanks!