PDA

View Full Version : Fire on PCT

Diamondlil
06-25-2016, 07:35
Someone posted on a Private FB page. Thought you could pass the info onto PCT hikers.

http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4806/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jefals
06-25-2016, 07:43
there is also a fire in the vicinity of the southern border. The first 14 miles is closed. you can find more info at pcta.org

burger
06-25-2016, 15:36
I've said it before, I'll say it again: if you are thinking of hiking the PCT, CDT, AZT, or any other trail out west, do not wait. The fire situation is only going to get worse with climate change. At the rate things are going on the PCT, in another decade or two there will be no unburned forest left between the Mexican border and KM. And there have been plenty of fires in the Sierra and Cascades, too.

Don't wait, people.

RockDoc
06-25-2016, 20:59
People, it's smarter to wait for reliable data that supports such an idea before getting excited about a political-based religious concept.
Actually the data exist, but are ignored by the religious zealots because they do not support a warming hypothesis...

Ph.D. in Geology speaking!

burger
06-25-2016, 21:17
People, it's smarter to wait for reliable data that supports such an idea before getting excited about a political-based religious concept.
Actually the data exist, but are ignored by the religious zealots because they do not support a warming hypothesis...

Ph.D. in Geology speaking!

LOL, are you really saying that? Please let all of us know exactly what your research has to do with climate change. Also, please let everyone know how your specific expertise invalidates the 97+% consensus of actual climatologists on climate change. FWIW, my dissertation focused on effects of climate change on plants and animals. But I'm sure you're expertise in drilling for oil or whatever proves that climate change is a big conspiracy theory.

(BTW, Ph.D. in ecology speaking. Also, ecologists aren't so arrogant that we feel the need to unnecessarily capitalize our field.)

Venchka
06-25-2016, 21:50
I'm not talking sides. I just want to know who shortened the time span for defining climate to one year? And what happened to the tree ring evidence of a 50 year period of benign weather followed by a 150 year period of extreme weather that averages out to climate over a region according to the old definition? Hey?
Thread drift over.
If this fire proves to be man caused, do we blame alcohol or Esbit stoves?
Wayne

Old. Slow. "Smarter than the average bear."

Mags
06-25-2016, 23:42
Thanks for sharing the information about the fire. Save the climate change discussion for the appropriate forum.