PDA

View Full Version : Aeronest tarp combo?

Medic665
06-25-2016, 19:12
Browsing on youtube I came across the areonest air lounger. Anyone else see this? I was thinking the aeronest and a tarp combo would be a interesting setup. Not a ultra lightweight setup at 3.2 lbs however but you'd be plenty high up to have to worry about water. Combine it with a silnylon or cuben tarp and your right around 4 lbs. Looks a little bulky but you could ditch your tent/hammock and sleeping pad.

roys
06-26-2016, 12:53
Yes the Air lounger does look interesting. In saw one on the internet about 4 months ago before I bought a new hammock.
A quick you tube search shows there are now at least 3 manufactures. Maybe in a little time we can get some feedback as to whether they are comfortable enough to want to spend a full night on. One review said the lounger leaked a little air after about 6 hours. All in all an interesting idea though. It would also eliminate the need for a sleeping pad. Perhaps in time a serious manufacture will offer a model applicable to the needs of backpacking. Which would, of course, mean staying inflated all night long. I'm surprised at how inexpensive the models on the internet are - like $79- so there may well be room to manufacture an upgraded backpacking model. Get going entrepreneurs