PDA

View Full Version : Under Armour "Charged Wool"?

poolskaterx
06-25-2016, 21:57
Any one try this stuff out? I love my smart wool but I found this short sleeve shirt on the clearance rack for $20! Couldn't pass it up. Shirt has Flatlosck seams, 67% poly and 33% wool, claims to dry fast and keep you cool, and all in all a pretty nice fit. I will report back after I use it but would love to hear if any one has experience with this.http://content.backcountry.com/images/items/1200/UND/UND00JS/STE.jpg

poolskaterx
06-28-2016, 13:41
sooo.. I am guessing by all the replies (sarcasm intended) nobody has tried this stuff? Might go up to Lassen next week for a quick trial by trail. I put it on my scale and in size med it is 5oz, only 1 oz heavier than my full synthetic undershirt; if that small percentage of wool could keep the "poly pit smell" at bay it would be awesome!

egilbe
06-28-2016, 13:52
with that little wool in it, it will probably still get stinky.

poolskaterx
07-01-2016, 16:14
I guess I will soon see egilbe; $20 bucks it may just be an inexpensive experiment.

poolskaterx
08-01-2016, 19:42
Well I got 3 days out in the Sierras in this shirt over the last weekend with VERY hot temps for this time of year; gotta say not too bad and way better than my synthetic shirts as far as smell. Nice feel and for $20 if you see one I would say snatch it up!

Uncle Joe
08-01-2016, 19:53
I don't know about that specific shirt but I hike in Under Armour T's as a base layer often. They wick well and are fairly light.

TKE402
08-01-2016, 22:31
I have smart wool PhD shirts and they are about 50/50 wool and polyester. It still stinks terribly. I happen to have a body chemistry that makes a huge stink with polyester. I have since used only 100% wool and the stink is negligible. I have even had people sniff test it after a few days hike

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk