PDA

View Full Version : Which Teton pack?

jacko213
06-26-2016, 23:07
I'm looking at Teton packs...but don't know which to choose. I'm doing a 1-week trip in August and 1-2 weeks (closer to 1) will most likely be my max time that I would be able to hike. So, based on that...which would you recommend? Teton sports scout 3400, teton sports ultralite 3700, or teton sports explorer 4000? or other options less than $70 like these?

left52side
06-27-2016, 09:45
I have had A teton sports explorer 4000 for years and years and although I have not used it in quite awhile it is still holding up great... it is alot of pack and anything but ultralight at almost 5 lbs.
I guess it all just comes down to how much space you need and etc.
Non of there packs are ultralight by any means and there are several other options avalible if weight is A concern for you.
SMD had there fusion 50 pack on clearance for 100.00 shipped and it weighs 2 lbs.
If you are stuck on teton pack then I would just evaluate hot much gear you plan to carry and space it will require and order the pack according to that.

atomicchicken
06-28-2016, 10:16
I have the explorer 4000 as well but no longer use it due to its weight. If you are willing to look past the weight of it at 5 lbs then it isn't a bad starter pack. Lots of pockets for organization. The couple of times I had to contact Teton Sports they were very timely with replies.

saltysack
07-06-2016, 14:35
Save up more $ or buy used light weight pack....
ULA and gossamer gear have sales often....gorilla on sale $199.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk