PDA

View Full Version : Gainesville Taxi.

troubletrev
06-27-2016, 17:50
Hey there. Future section hiker here. This July I'll be flying into Atlanta and from there I will be taking a bus into Gainesville GA. From Gainesville I will be taking a taxi to the visitor center. I'll be using the unitaxi service. Anyone have any prior experience with this? What should I expect along the way? Would love your input. Thanks!

glenlawson
06-27-2016, 19:11
the Gainesville bus station has been moved to a very inconvenient location. It is beyond town (next to the interstate) next to a convenience store and a waffle house. Your unitaxi driver will most likely be a Latino man. He will be happy to stop at Walmart along the way if you need to pick up any additional supplies.

Have you looked into taking the Marta train from the airport to the North Springs station and then having a shuttle service take you to Amicalola? I think there is one that operates out of Dahlonega.

Mamabear17
06-27-2016, 21:57
you can take MARTA from the air port to the express bus to cumming that's the same dissents from the trail head. and it's
only 2.50 for the train and 3.00 for the bus.

troubletrev
06-27-2016, 23:16
Thanks Glenlawson! I have looked into other options. Wasn't aware there was a shuttle that is still operating out of Dahlonega. I'm glad the driver's are open to supply stops. Will most likely pick up my Butane canister along the way.

glenlawson
06-28-2016, 23:25
you are right, Hiker Hostel only shuttles guests. did you check our Survivor Dave? I don't know much about these folks. here is a link you have probably seen:
http://shuttlequest.com/georgia/hiking/georgia_hiking.html

do you have an arrival date?