PDA

View Full Version : Hike/Shuttle?Car Drop optiona between McQueens Gap & US 19E

JumpMaster Blaster
06-27-2016, 20:35
I need to complete the TN/VA section between McQueens Gap south of Damascus & 19E in Roan Mtn, TN. Would prefer to split it up into 2 separate hikes, quite possibly one right after the other. MINIMAL cost is paramount, and I'd prefer to park at a reliable trailhed, get dropped off, and hike back to my car.

I was thinking US 321/ Hampton SOBO back to Mountain Harbour, then McQueens Gap or TN 91 SOBO to Hampton, maybe parking at Braemar Castle?

Since I'm short on days, I'd rather not have to hoof it back to Damascus (already did that section), butif it would save me a reasonable amoutn of $$ on the shuttle I'd consider it.

What would be the best parking & put-in spots? I know Mtn Harbour is a defintely safe choice, no question. Is somewhere in Hampton okay? I'd think Watauga Lake is definitely out.

Lone Wolf
06-27-2016, 20:38
i'll do it for you for a little gas money. just give me the days you need shuttling and time of day

JumpMaster Blaster
06-27-2016, 20:47
i'll do it for you for a little gas money. just give me the days you need shuttling and time of day

Man LW, you're on it!

What's your opinion on the best plan for the north end (between US 321 & McQueens Gap OR Damascus)?

Lone Wolf
06-27-2016, 21:03
there's a new hostel about .5 from the 321 crossing at the lake that would be good for parking. can't think of the dang name

Lone Wolf
06-27-2016, 21:06
there's a new hostel about .5 from the 321 crossing at the lake that would be good for parking. can't think of the dang name

boots off hostel & campground. they're on facebook. you park there i pick you up and take you to mcqueens gap

JumpMaster Blaster
06-28-2016, 00:30
I shall bring an assortment of beverages brewed from the finest hops and barley for your trouble.

From an old Soldier to an old(er) Marine, thanks Devil Dog!

Lone Wolf
06-28-2016, 06:06
what day will this happen?

JumpMaster Blaster
06-28-2016, 09:23
I'll msg you.