PDA

View Full Version : Guthook AT app stable?

lilgodwin
06-30-2016, 13:13
I've got the app, and purchased all of the sections. I began downloading the maps, both 'feet' and 'satellite' versions, and I seem to be having issues.

Starting from the southern sections, about 3-4 sections into it, it froze and crashed. Couldn't get the app to work after that. It kept crashing upon initializing. So I deleted all the cache and app data. So once I started the app again, I had to redownload everything I had already downloaded.

Made it almost through all the sections and one of the downloads looked like it got stuck. It quit downloading. But I was still able to view that map, even though the 'download now' button was accessible.

Quite confusing, and in general unstable. Anyone else have similar issues?

SkeeterPee
06-30-2016, 13:19
I only have purchased one section so far and have used it on 2 trips. It has worked fine for most part. I have had the app crash periodically and I just restart it. I do not need to re-download it. So no significant problems for me.

la.lindsey
06-30-2016, 13:46
Weird. I've used Guthooks for over 500 trail miles and never had it crash. I don't toggle for offline maps, so maybe that's the difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gambit McCrae
06-30-2016, 13:58
I have used it for a few hundred miles now and have had very few problems. Mainly sometimes it thinks im a few hundred feet above the AT in an airplane. I reset it, and I am back on the mountain side.

-Rush-
06-30-2016, 13:58
It never crashed on me. I'm on IOS, but I have heard from other hikers that it crashed a lot on Android.

lilgodwin
06-30-2016, 14:00
Thanks for weighing in. I haven't actually used it. Just had some issues downloading. It seems to be all downloaded now, so hopefully there are no further issues. Gonna run through it without data to see if it maintained the downloads properly.

lilgodwin
06-30-2016, 14:10
It never crashed on me. I'm on IOS, but I have heard from other hikers that it crashed a lot on Android.
Ah yes, I didn't mention that I'm on Android. Samsung Note 5.

egilbe
06-30-2016, 14:32
I've never had a problem with it and I'm on a Nexus 5.

Diamondlil
06-30-2016, 19:49
I used it thru Virginia with no problems, with the exception of floating in the sky now and then.

Rain Man
07-01-2016, 17:03
I have 3 sections now and this is the second year I've used it with no crashes that I recall. I have a Samsung S5 with a 64 Gig SD card. I really like Guthook.

saltysack
07-03-2016, 08:04
JMT app worked flawlessly....hoping for the same on the collegiate loop this year.

liteweight
07-03-2016, 20:48
Used it from springer to dicks creek gap with no issues. There were times I used it more than awols guide, both very helpful.