PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Section Hikers

9kay
07-04-2016, 18:51
Moving to Nashville in August and I am looking for possible hiking partner to do some sections of the AT this fall. Please let me know.
One Step

Grampsb
07-05-2016, 07:27
I might be interested depending to dates and distance

Tennessee Viking
07-05-2016, 11:23
There is a good hiking group around Nashville. Check with Rain Man.

Rain Man
07-05-2016, 12:39
Hello One Step! Welcome to Nashville. If you are familiar with meetup.com, there are several "hiking" meetup groups here. However, only one "backpacking" meetup group. You can check it at www.meetup.com/NashvilleBacker I am the "Organizer," having taken over when the original Organizer had a job transfer out of state.

Also, there's the Tennessee Trails Association, the Cumberland Trail Conference, and numerous "Friends Of" groups for all sorts of state parks, etc.

And indeed, there are many, many AT hikers in and around Nashville. Lots here on WhiteBlaze, lots in the above groups, and many more who go it alone.

Feel free to give a shout if you like.

Rain Man

doingtime
07-05-2016, 12:55
I would be interested.

Rain Man, I just joined your group. I'm in NC but I'm having trouble finding "backpacking" groups as well.

Gambit McCrae
07-05-2016, 14:19
I am actively completing VA from Sinking Creek Valley VArt42 to Rockfish Gap if others are interested

Rain Man
07-05-2016, 23:53
Rain Man, I just joined your group. I'm in NC but I'm having trouble finding "backpacking" groups as well.

Cool. We have members from Florida to Maryland, at least. We just hiked in NC this weekend in the Smokies. Also do Linville Gorge, the Art Loeb Trail, Slickrock Creek Wilderness, and others in your state. You'd be welcome to join us!

Also, spoke with 9kay today! Sounds like he'll be joining soon.

doingtime
07-06-2016, 06:44
Fantastic! Looking forward to it.