PDA

View Full Version : Long Branch Trail

ShadowSoul
07-10-2016, 06:38
Good morning,

Does anyone know if the Long Branch Trail to Standing Indian Campground is well marked? I did Kimsey Creek up to the AT then to Winding Stair Gap (used a shuttle to campground) in March of this year. I want to do the section again as a loop. Up Kimsey, AT to Long Branch Trail, then back to the campground. I will take a map but I am trying to cover all bases in order to not miss the trail back down.

Thank you.

ChrisJackson
07-10-2016, 07:26
Hi, very well marked. You'll not have a problem. When you hit Glassmine Gap on the AT, the Long Branch Trail will be there on your left. Takes you right down to the Backcountry kiosk. Have fun fellow Decatur hiker! Best.

ShadowSoul
07-10-2016, 07:33
Thank you so much. I am excited about getting to the woods again. Just got a Cuben fiber winter palace and my diy hammock is complete. I need to see if it will hold me up :)

saltysack
07-10-2016, 09:24
Great loop..I've done it both directions and find I prefer starting at long branch and going clockwise...easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddytwosticks
07-10-2016, 13:06
Yes, the trail is well marked and easier to follow than the Kimsey Creek Trail, in my opinion. I think it's about two miles long and dumps you out right across the FS road from the Backcountry Information kiosk outside SI campground. I believe there is a sign at Glassmine Gap. Love this hike and have done it several times...may have to try it out again soon. :)