PDA

View Full Version : shaws for sale???

Freighttrain
01-06-2006, 17:19
i just visited shaws webpage and saw it was just updated today and that it is now for-sale?

http://www.shawslodging.com/

anyone heard anything?

The Solemates
01-06-2006, 17:52
i went to the real estate website, but couldnt find it on there.

Nean
01-06-2006, 21:01
It's the end of an era. I'm happy to have known the Shaws and hope Pat enjoys her well earned retirement. I wonder if they will be open untill they sell?

Lone Wolf
01-06-2006, 21:07
Pat needs a big break. She was/is the backbone of that place. God bless the Shaws.

Sly
01-06-2006, 21:21
In the Southbounder movie, lots of footage was shot at Shaws. The actor playing Keith did an OK job, and although it had some good scenes it never captured the true spirit of Keith and the hostel, which is unfortunate.

There was one shot, which could have been a still, of the real Keith sitting on the concrete steps out front that was eerie and made Keith look almost ghostlike.

To the filmmaker's credit, Shaw's is mentioned predominately in the credits at the end of the film.

My brief time at Shaw's is something I'll never forget. So much so, I made a donation to Weary's Maine Appalachian Trail Land Trust in his memory.

Moxie00
01-09-2006, 10:03
Pat needs a rest, she is a wonderful person as was Keith. I hoped "Little Keith" wiuld be able to keep it up but Keith and Pat left a HUGE pair of shoes to fill. Shaw's is an instutition and the trail will never be the same without it. Alot of people in Monson saw Keith and Pat's success and other places for hikers to stay have been opening there but Shaws will never be duplicated. Life goes on but without Keith and Pat, Shaws will never be the same. I hope for new owners but they will never replace what we all knew and loved.

weary
01-09-2006, 10:13
In the Southbounder movie, lots of footage was shot at Shaws. The actor playing Keith did an OK job, and although it had some good scenes it never captured the true spirit of Keith and the hostel, which is unfortunate.

There was one shot, which could have been a still, of the real Keith sitting on the concrete steps out front that was eerie and made Keith look almost ghostlike.

To the filmmaker's credit, Shaw's is mentioned predominately in the credits at the end of the film.

My brief time at Shaw's is something I'll never forget. So much so, I made a donation to Weary's Maine Appalachian Trail Land Trust in his memory.

The link for others who want to help is:

www.matlt.org