PDA

View Full Version : skillet

squeezebox
07-17-2016, 16:23
So who carries a skillet?
I bought a 5" skillet that weighs 6 oz. for possible use, more likely on the bicycle.

Tipi Walter
07-17-2016, 17:06
In and out with a fry pan. I think these are supposed to be the best---

http://www.traildesigns.com/cookware/evernew-20cm-titanium-non-stick-frying-pan-eca443

I've had bad luck with MSR Flex pans as they flake off polytetrafluoroethylene---PTFE---and who needs a steady diet of such crap? After my third pan I ditched the brand and don't use anything for frying. No big deal as my liver likes me better w/o all the fried foods.

AfterParty
07-17-2016, 18:43
Toaks 1600 with lid skillet plus I intend to bake sometimes in it.

SWODaddy
07-17-2016, 18:48
In and out with a fry pan. I think these are supposed to be the best---

http://www.traildesigns.com/cookware/evernew-20cm-titanium-non-stick-frying-pan-eca443

I've had bad luck with MSR Flex pans as they flake off polytetrafluoroethylene---PTFE---and who needs a steady diet of such crap? After my third pan I ditched the brand and don't use anything for frying. No big deal as my liver likes me better w/o all the fried foods.

My wife has one of these which she uses with an alcohol burner over a caldera cone. She can actually fry a perfect egg with it. I have an Evernew 1.3L Pot/Pan combo and the pan works well used the same way, but burned the ever living hell out of bacon when I tried to use a pocket rocket. :D

zelph
07-17-2016, 18:52
My Mother-in-law made pancake "scratches"

One big pancake in the pan, when almost done, Sinnamon sugar is sprinkled over the pancake and then chopped up in the pan until sugar melts/coats chunks of pancake. Chunks are about 1/2" - 3/4" You may want to make "scratches" all the time once you've tried this yummy treat.

Hikes in Rain
07-17-2016, 19:01
Don't do it often, but I occasionally carry the skillet from my old (early '60's era) Boy Scout cook kit. It's older, and a little thicker aluminum than current era types. I like the pot, too, but it's a little small even for one.

kayak karl
07-17-2016, 19:06
I carry a one egg wonder now and then

BigRing
07-19-2016, 12:46
I have nice 6" pan that I sometimes take on overnight trips. I cut the handle down. There is nothing like bacon and eggs for breakfast.

illabelle
07-19-2016, 13:11
I carry a small skillet with the handle removed. Weighs about 11 oz. Adds a lot of variety to our menus. I don't carry it on particularly strenuous hikes when weight is a big concern, but for most of our hiking, it's a welcome luxury.