PDA

View Full Version : Big Meadows to Rockfish Gap shuttle.

goatee
07-18-2016, 12:27
In need of a shuttle for 2 people.I have checked the shuttle list but came up blank.Thanks.

Gambit McCrae
07-18-2016, 13:52
Check with mark "strings" in my signiture link to shuttles. I used him in that stretch a few eyars ago, great price

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/shuttles-2016.php

goatee
07-18-2016, 14:32
Thanks Gambit,appreciate the reply.

jimmyjam
07-18-2016, 14:48
Also as you head nobo from Rockfish gap there will be a current list of shuttlers and trail angels stapled to the back of the first tree as you go up the hill.

goatee
07-18-2016, 16:31
Hill? Rumor was SNP didn't allow hills all flat.Rumor was wrong.Somewhere south of the smokies I came across a shuttle number carved in a picnic table,called the guy turned out to be awesome.I'll be looking for the tree JJ.

Shoe_String
08-01-2016, 23:07
Last year, I was able to hitch SoBo from Big Meadows to Waynesboro with two of my Tramily. The guy absolutely refused to take gas money. If you're comfortable, try thumbing it. Also, you may be able to call Dubose "Yellow Truck" Eggleston and he might be willing to get you from Big Meadows.

Gambit McCrae
08-02-2016, 09:20
I THUMBED in 10 minutes from Rockfish, when re-entering the park, explain that the car you are in is only in the park to drop off a hiker, I have never had to pay

And where people have gotten the hint that SNP is any different then the rest of the trail is beside me. It is a NICE section of trail don't get me wrong, it is picked up of rocks on 90% of it, and well weed eated as well, but it has its hills just like every other stretch does. I wouldn't mind doing the park again though :)

johnnybgood
08-02-2016, 12:27
The AT hiking through SNP is a good place to touch a 30 miler if you've never done it but don't be lulled to sleep entirely.
The parks blue blazes are all either reaching summits or descending to waterfalls and streams

More to the point of the thread I too have heard good things for " Strings" as a shuttler.