PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Shrooms

Greenlight
07-21-2016, 21:05
Hey, hikertrash friends, as part of my regularly scheduled training hikes for my AT thru attempt in a couple of years, I delved into southern Indiana's Low Gap trail a couple of days ago. The 'shrooms are out in full force. Lots of mycotoxins, little edible fungii... but I thought you might enjoy the scenery. All the pictures are along the Tecumseh Trail, which shares the trail with the Low Gap, in Morgan Monroe State Forest. There are plans to link the Tecumseh (43 miles which I will thru-hike this autumn) with the Knobstone Trail which is a bit further south. The Knobstone is called the Little AT because of it's elevation changes along the Knobstone escarpment. The trail is so narrow in places along this backbone, that you're looking down sheer descents on both sides. I'll post similar pics after I thru the Knobstone this fall. Enjoy.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNBfsvF2cgk4YOj8OD7S8J8hn7Sz7LbBtdS5IojzzH9KF lx4MkTTJo239Q-sNNbQg?key=dkJIVGxFZzBmdTZjSy1rWGFBMld1WHhIOENpcEJ B

madgoat
07-22-2016, 07:21
Nice pictures. I once found a whole mess of Yellow Morels on the Knobstone in the springtime. I had brought flour, salt, and oil for just that eventuality, but we were pushing bigger miles and I just didn't feel like cooking them up....

lost opportunities