PDA

View Full Version : Monson Area Lodging

Angle
07-22-2016, 13:02
Does anyone have any information or experience with the business 100 mile wilderness adventure and outfitters south of Monson? Looking for a private cabin and a food drop at Jo-Mary road. Been waiting several days for a reply from the owner, but thinking I might need to stay somewhere else.

illabelle
07-22-2016, 13:25
We anticipated using his services for a trip coming up next month. I've exchanged emails with him once, but no other knowledge. Will be paying attention to this thread.

jbwood5
07-22-2016, 13:30
I recall seeing at least 2 separate businesses that do food drops in the 100 mile wilderness. I believe one advertisement was at the Lake Shore Pub and restaurant (not sure of the official name) and the other was at the hostel. Nothing too upscale in the way of lodging, but the hostel had a couple of private rooms with no bathroom facilities (had to go to adjacent house for shower and toilet). Lake shore place might be a tad better. I'm sure others will have more details.

Slo-go'en
07-22-2016, 14:20
it's starting to get busy up there. No doubt they are running around trying to take care of the people at their door step and don't have time to respond to generic inquiries. If you ask for a reservation for a specific day, that might get a response.

Angle
07-22-2016, 16:42
Just got a response. You were right Slo-go'en he was just busy. Will let you know illabelle what I think of the place. Headed north from Monson to Katahdin next Friday to finish section hiking the trail. Iceman

Thorfinn
07-31-2016, 14:28
I've stayed there, i.e. Phil Pepin's 100 Mile Wilderness, and found it very good. Even have had my wife, grandson and dog there at different times. I was day hiking the 100 Mile Wilderness and places to the south and Phil got me to all the necessary trail heads. Burgers at Lakeshore House are also very good.

Enjoy