PDA

View Full Version : from UK looking to thru-hike in 2017

Mooie
07-23-2016, 13:14
Hi every one, I'm from UK (male 42) I am looking to thro-hike from march 2017 and aim to finish early September, with a break to do some sight seeing in Washington. I plan to pace at around 15 miles a day. I am not sure if I want to do it alone, so posting to see if anyone would be interested in joining me.

thank you all for taking time to read my post, and if anyone has any useful advice, it would be welcome.
mooie
:):):):)

Hangfire
07-23-2016, 14:56
Oh I wouldn't worry so much about finding someone to hike with before you start, the trail has a magical way of putting you right in the middle of hundreds of really great people looking for the same thing.

As for your approach, timeline, mileage, you are going to find that most people will be choosing the same path as you, including the side trip into DC.

Mooie
07-23-2016, 15:11
Oh I wouldn't worry so much about finding someone to hike with before you start, the trail has a magical way of putting you right in the middle of hundreds of really great people looking for the same thing.

As for your approach, timeline, mileage, you are going to find that most people will be choosing the same path as you, including the side trip into DC.

thanks Hangfire,
that gives me some confidence.

:):):):)