PDA

View Full Version : Hammock Gear Burrow 20 true to rating?

saltysack
07-24-2016, 22:42
Looking to replace my helium 15* deg bag with the burrow 20*. Over stuff needed? ..this will be my sept-April quilt for the southern AT plus various other fall trips i.e. CT, LT etc...I've had a few cold nights in the helium with mid wt capilene around 20*.....I could also layer my 45* JRB quilt over if expecting under 20*....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Secondmouse
07-25-2016, 10:59
people talk of a "sleeping system" which sometimes includes layering quilts/bags but IMO, this gets too bulky/heavy for anything but a full winter system. for me, it's a way to make my 40* synthetic summer quilt and my 20* down bag work down to 0* or thereabouts.

I just accept that I'll be carrying more in winter but I don't want to have to do that in any other season. I would buy whatever you need to cover any potential conditions for the season at hand and add clothing to stretch the comfort zone a bit when needed...

Rex Clifton
08-27-2016, 19:30
I have a Burrow 40 and it's good to at least that low. Did not get the overstuff.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

chiefduffy
08-28-2016, 12:56
My 20 degree burrow has got me through 20 degree nights without waking up. I have a good underquilt too.

saltysack
08-28-2016, 20:50
Thx I ended up ordering a EE Enigma 20* it was a little cheaper, inc pad straps. I also like the verticals baffles and color options better. I've heard nothing but great stuff about both companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk