PDA

View Full Version : Pot Sizes and Number of Pots

irritable_badger
01-07-2006, 21:36
What do you consider the most effecient pot size? (that's a pot for cooking btw) Is a 2 liter pot too big? How about the number of pots? I plan to boil my water and it seems that if I took two pots I could boil water while eating breakfast/dinner so I could get back on the trail quicker. Thoughts and suggestions?

stickman
01-07-2006, 21:43
I'm sure everyone does his own thing but I just carry a single 1 liter pot. Its not the smallest or lightest one out there but it works for me. Seldom have I felt I needed to have a second one.

Stickman

mweinstone
01-07-2006, 22:03
one pot is good. 2litre is the smallest i use 3litre is about the coolest thing for 2 people. and everyone who uses smaller and different types of pots are cool too . but thru hiking requires massive constant overeating on a gargantuan scale .i dream of gear so light i could carry a 5 litre pot! id stuff my sleeping bag in it.and each night i would cook a big mess o food and eat it.then in the morning id eat other hikers and even trees and rocks.later i would drink rivers creeks and springs till i was like a big eating...guy....monster....thingy.but allways i would eat only bad hikers.the ones with radios straped to trees.

Footslogger
01-07-2006, 23:24
For a single person I find the 0.9 Liter size to be more than adequate. If I am still hungry after eating an entire pot full of whatever I can always cook up another pot full. Carried the 0.9 Liter Evernew Titanium pot on my thru in 2003 and never once found it to be too small.

Now ...if I was cooking for two it would be a different question. When the wife and I backpack and cook together we use the 1.3 Liter Evernew pot and it serves us well.

'Slogger

neo
01-07-2006, 23:30
i use a .85 liter msr titan kettle or a 1 liter jetboil pot:cool: neo

Panzer1
01-08-2006, 02:54
I use the 0.9 Liter Evernew Titanium pot. it's big enough for me. If I am still hungry after that, I just put another pot of noodles on. That's the way to go for one person.

Panzer

jlb2012
01-08-2006, 08:13
link to a prior poll on the same subject : http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=372