PDA

View Full Version : Dalton Mass to North Adams Mass Section Hike Overnight doable?

pvandall
07-29-2016, 16:37
Has anyone hiked this section? It's about 23 miles. I think I can handle it and looks doable as an overnighter. Would love some feedback...

Slo-go'en
07-29-2016, 18:09
It's not too bad. Couple of options for an overnight. I stayed at the Bacsom lodge which was kind of neat. ~$50 for a slot in the bunkroom. I lucked out having a bunk room to myself. The other option is the Mark Noepel shelter, which is about 1/2 way.

There's nothing of any interest between Dalton and Cheshire, so starting at Cheshire is also an option and shortens the hike to just 14 miles. But if you start in Dalton, there is an ice cream/hot dog shack you walk right by at lunch time in Cheshire.

Cosmo
07-30-2016, 18:36
Has anyone hiked this section? It's about 23 miles. I think I can handle it and looks doable as an overnighter. Would love some feedback...
What's your experience level, pvandall? It's certainly manageable for most people, several overnight options depending on your preferences and miles per day.

Cosmo