PDA

View Full Version : End to End October 1st

Styles_for_miles
08-01-2016, 09:29
Anyone else hiking the Long trail come October ? I'll be NoBo

Just Bill
08-01-2016, 13:44
I'd be SOBO if starting October 1st...
No idea of yer winter experience of course, but likely you'll be on yer own after maine junction.

colorado_rob
08-01-2016, 13:55
I should see you near the south end, I'm heading soon starting Sept 20-21 or so

Styles_for_miles
08-01-2016, 13:56
I'd be SOBO if starting October 1st...
No idea of yer winter experience of course, but likely you'll be on yer own after maine junction.

I may end up sobo, ending closer to home would be more ideal, and i hike all winter in the white mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Bill
08-01-2016, 16:30
I may end up sobo, ending closer to home would be more ideal, and i hike all winter in the white mountains.

And, like a jackass- I read the title as a question- not a statement. :o

Sobo is nice cause it gets the hard to reach trailhead out of the way- but either way- enough of my unsolicited advise. Enjoy!

Styles_for_miles
08-01-2016, 17:16
And, like a jackass- I read the title as a question- not a statement. :o

Sobo is nice cause it gets the hard to reach trailhead out of the way- but either way- enough of my unsolicited advise. Enjoy!

Haha no worries! Maybe I'll see you out there, hoping to thru hike it in 14 days or less, then hiking the PCT come April, hiked the AT last year so doing the northern part of the LT first wouldn't be bad I know what to expect on the southern half

Arden
09-08-2016, 22:10
I'll be SOBO on the A.T. starting Oct 1 - plan to hike at least from Hanover NH to Dalton (Pittsfield) MA, but possibly to Pawling NY.
I would expect to be hitting LT Jct at Killington by Oct 5, but possibly sooner.
I've been wondering about the water situation at the shelters, and elsewhere - considering that the NE has been so dry of late.

Deadeye
09-08-2016, 22:19
Have a ball. Once I retire, I'm going to E2E every fall until I croak.