PDA

View Full Version : Camping around Davidson River for Art Loeb

cuiquentin
08-08-2016, 19:04
Hi, all,

A couple of buddies and I plan to do the Art Loeb over Labor Day weekend. We'll be coming into the area late Friday night, and need a place to car camp. Looks like all the campsites at Davidson River Campground are all reserved for that Friday night (9/2). Any recommendations for campsites/campgrounds close by (within a couple of miles or so) where we can car camp (or at least a campsite no more than two miles from a parking lot)? Thanks!

bus
08-14-2016, 12:42
There are some roadside (along the forest roads...475B is one)) car-campsites that may do the trick. 475 is the road that takes you to the fish hatchery. it is on the left heading North on 276. You should see a sign for the fish hatchery.

Mr. Bumpy
08-14-2016, 16:11
Those FS road campsites are likely to be filled up too. They are popular and over the past few years it seems like there are more restrictions along those roads. I would consider parking at the fish hatchery and hiking the mile or so to the Picklesheimer Fields area and camp.
In fact, unless you have a great urge to be able to say you hiked the entire Art Loeb I recommend to go (or finish) from the Fish Hatchery. The Art Loeb section from John Rock to Davidson River is rather unspectacular.