PDA

View Full Version : WTB: SMD Lunar Solo or LHG Solo (or other UL tent)

oreocereus
08-11-2016, 06:50
Howdy y'all. I have a ridiculously heavy, and poorly designed tent, and am finally looking to upgrade it to something lightweight.
I don't have a lot of cash, hence looking second hand.

I've looked at a lot of options, and the combination of these two tent's features and general resale price is about right for - however, if you're looking to move a different ultralight tent, I'll definitely consider it for the right price!

I live in New Zealand, so shipping is a factor as well - I can use postal forwarding, but would rather ship direct as it is quicker/cheaper.

Let me know if you have anything!

left52side
08-12-2016, 17:26
Hi there .
There was A lunar solo for sale on here not long ago as well as A lunar solo le but I think it sold.
I do not think the lunar solo sold though.
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php/119548-FS-Smd-Lunar-Solo-and-Klymit-Static-V-Light

This is for the lunar solo.
I just bought A LHG solo from here and cant wait to try it.

oreocereus
08-12-2016, 17:35
Yeah the LE sold. I've flicked the Lunar Solo guy a message, thanks! Though he's asking a little more than I want to pay (I don't mind the weight penalty for the sturider floors of the LE, so at that price i'd rather buy new from SMD).

Hope you enjoy your LHG! Both look like great shelters:)

left52side
08-12-2016, 17:56
Hey thanks yeah I seen the LE was only 15.00 cheaper than Anew one from SMD.
Currently im using A SMD deshutes plus shelter and I love it...
I just grabbed the LHG because it was A great price on A tent I have wanted for while ...
I do not know if you are into floorless shelters but if you are considering something like that I have A golite shangrala 1 I would part with.

oreocereus
08-12-2016, 18:06
Yeah I haven't really considered floorless shelters - I'm transitioning to more minimalist set ups, and I'm hoping to grab a tent that works as a bit of an all-rounder, so i think I'll stay away from them now. But I should do more research on them, so I'll get in touch if I change my mind after some research!

Singto
08-12-2016, 23:11
Lunar Solo is one of the best designs, space, weight and cost shelter options available today. It's my go-to shelter, never disappointed.

oreocereus
08-13-2016, 22:34
Yep, seems like really awesome value:)