PDA

View Full Version : What if your pretty girlfriend said, "SEND IT ALL BACK!"

Lear
08-11-2016, 14:53
I got the tape from Zpacks but I thought I would propose the above scenario so that we could start a new five star thread for whiteblaze.com.

What would you do if if showed your younger prettier half the thread on the Zpack pack that got damaged and she said you need to send back the whole thing?

:-?

egilbe
08-11-2016, 14:55
Have kids with her. You two are the perfect couple for each other.

SouthMark
08-11-2016, 15:04
You and her will probably find nothing but Zpack types the rest of your life.

egilbe
08-11-2016, 15:06
Don't mess with your trail karma, man. Thats some bad juju.

gpburdelljr
08-11-2016, 15:33
I don't think it will change the majority opinion that you caused the damage, not Zpacks.

Uncle Joe
08-11-2016, 15:45
I took this wrong. I thought you meant if your pretty girlfriend was demanding you send all your gear back and stop hiking.

scrabbler
08-11-2016, 15:45
You like attention, don't you?

T.Bates
08-11-2016, 15:55
I don't know if I should laugh, cry, or both. I just don't understand the lack of responsibility. Nor do I understand the need for you to try and justify your inability to open a box by posting a thread THEN posting another one after all of the response you got on the first one saying your girlfriend agrees with you. Shes either just as irresponsible as you or the fact that shes your girlfriend and doesn't want to make you look like a mor... careless individual for tearing into a box of delicate goods. I am baffled.

Traveler
08-11-2016, 16:03

That would be interesting when they decided the kid had to go back.....

SWODaddy
08-11-2016, 16:05

Just don't let Lear cut the umbilical cord. :D

T.Bates
08-11-2016, 16:07
or he cuts the kid instead of the umbilical cord and then blames the doctor....

Gambit McCrae
08-11-2016, 16:23
next time you open a package place package close to your....ope! that was going to be a nasty little comment.

You can TRY and send it back but I would put a large some of money on zpacks rejecting your return, and that if you wanted your openfail backpack back, you would need to pay for shipping. And what does a pretty girlfriend have to do with any of this? What if she was an ugly girlfriend?

Hikingjim
08-11-2016, 16:37
a pretty face doesn't make her logic any more sound than yours.

HooKooDooKu
08-11-2016, 16:41
Just because you send the whole thing back doesn't mean you're going to get a whole refund back.

You should expect a seller to withhold from a refund the value of anything they believed to have been damaged by the customer.

For this specific situation, had you never contacted the seller and simply sent everything back, there is a chance the damage would either have been missed or the seller simply decide it's not worth the hassle and given you a full refund.

But because the seller has already spent time and coin (merchandise and shipping cost) on this situation, I doubt you would get a full refund if you sent everything back.

FreeGoldRush
08-11-2016, 16:52
I got the tape from Zpacks but I thought I would propose the above scenario so that we could start a new five star thread for whiteblaze.com.

What would you do if if showed your younger prettier half the thread on the Zpack pack that got damaged and she said you need to send back the whole thing?

I think that thru hiking the AT requires a much higher level of problem solving skills than that. And I haven't even done a thru hike yet. Or even a section hike. But maybe I'm just worrying too much and a thru hike is actually as easy as you make it appear.

rickb
08-11-2016, 17:00

Please post some pictures.

rickb
08-11-2016, 17:03
Age delta would help, too.

yaduck9
08-11-2016, 17:06

R u from Libertyville Il? 9 sq miles large, with a household per capita of 1oo grand? none of my business but where do you stand on that bell curve?

don't have to answer, just trying to put things into perspctive:eek:

Christoph
08-11-2016, 17:17
Do we really need another thread about this?

Mags
08-11-2016, 17:37
No. No we don't.

An 8x10 DCF stuff sack is about $20. If you want, we can do a bake sale or something...

Being serious...

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/agreement.php. See section 3. :)

Enough...'eh?