PDA

View Full Version : SoRuck (Website) Update...

Sly
01-08-2006, 21:36
What's probably the final update has been uploaded. Most of the original is entact, but I've added a local weather page and printable links for the schedule and the geocache map.

As far as I know, we're looking at 85-100 hikers attending from as far away as New England and Ohio. Of course, it's quite possible we'll have more. From what I understand, there's only about 20 spaces left at the NOC. If you have thoughts of coming and don't want to be shut out, I recommend you call them tomorrow. It's only $14 per person, per night for accommodations. The SoRuck itself, is free.

1 800 232-7238 ext. 3

There's also a very limited number of SoRuck name tags available. I'll most likely be printing these in the next couple days. So, if you want one just let me know.

SoRuck Website (http://www.whiteblaze.net/soruck)

Many thanks to AT Troll and SGT Rock for helping out and "co-hosting" the site.

Hope to see y'all there! :)

MOWGLI
01-08-2006, 21:40
Thanks Sly. What sort of things need to be brought that are as-yet unaccounted for?

Sly
01-08-2006, 21:55
Jeff, I think we're pretty much covered, but I'll let you know if anything comes up.

One thing I forgot to mention, NOC has agreed to a 10% discount for all SoRuck attendees in the Outfitter.

MOWGLI
01-08-2006, 22:01
Jeff, I think we're pretty much covered, but I'll let you know if anything comes up.

One thing I forgot to mention, NOC has agreed to a 10% discount for all SoRuck attendees in the Outfitter.

Thanks Sly. It should be a hoot! I'm looking forward to seeing some old friends and making some new ones next weekend. I'll be there late Friday, all day Saturday, probably leaving bright & early Sunday morning.

Sly
01-08-2006, 22:23
Bright and early huh? Good luck! ;)

drsukie
01-08-2006, 23:17
[There's also a very limited number of SoRuck name tags available. I'll most likely be printing these in the next couple days. So, if you want one just let me know.
Hope to see y'all there! :)[/quote]

Sly, I know I'd love one! So will Stillness and Debbie...new friends I haven't met yet, but will this weekend. They, too are taking the walk in the woods this Spring... Sue (aka Cool Change) :clap

Sly
01-08-2006, 23:27
Gotcha Cool Change-Sue, number 92!

I already have Stillness and Kaygirl. Do you know if she wants it changed?

Mother Nature
01-09-2006, 00:09
If you have extra nametags, Smokestack and Mother Nature will be arriving early on Saturday.

Thanks,

Mother Nature

PartnerShip
01-09-2006, 08:28
Stillness and Debbie for the nametags please
Look forward to meeting everyone. Can we bring anything.
We have the DVD North to Katahdin, can we bring it in case anyone is interested.

Sly
01-09-2006, 09:31
Debbie I made the change. Sure bring the DVD along. We my get time to watch it.

Added Mother Nature and Smokestack!

orangebug
01-09-2006, 10:46
Last year, a few folks brought their own DVD players and hooked them up in their cabin's common area. There are plenty of opportunities to share and learn.

There are even more opportunities to eat!

ronmoak
01-09-2006, 10:56
OB >> As far as I know, we're looking at 85-100 hikers attending from as far away as New England and Ohio. <<

Actually Oregon would probably be the farthest.

See you there.
Ron

Sly
01-09-2006, 10:59
Also, NOC is providing a DVD player and TV for use in Kleinrath Hall and they'll probably have other TV's in the cabins. I know of few that are bringing laptops.

I'm bringing a 7" screen portable that works better than the player I use at home. The sound is a little tinny, but it can hook it up with external speakers. :)

Sly
01-09-2006, 11:02
Oh damn. How could I forget! Sorry Ron, somehow you slipped my mind. :o

dixicritter
01-09-2006, 13:07
As it looks right now, I'm bringing the boys just for Saturday. That is unless something drastic happens to change our plans. So that would be dixicritter, Dead man walkin, and Creek hopper. Daughter and grandson might also be in tow for the day as well. :)

SGT Rock has already left so I can't drag him along this time... sorry. ;)

dharmabum86
01-10-2006, 12:39
I'll be rolling in some time Friday or Sat morning. If you don't mind making me a tag....OJ. Also, I'm bringing the b-friend with me his name is Matt (no trail name yet). I think he's a bit nervous to be around this many hikers at once! I'm emailed you so you might get it before this post. So excited to get to see you!!!!
OJ

Almost There
01-10-2006, 13:20
I am hoping I might be able to make it up Friday Night, and stay Saturday, heading home Sunday, but I won't know for sure until tonight.

orangebug
01-10-2006, 15:26
Almost There is depending on his wrestling team to miss going into the play offs. So, in some ways, he is betting against his own team.

I hope he is somehow able to be two places at once. Good luck for your team, but I hope we see you at the SORUCK.

Almost There
01-10-2006, 16:07
OB, it has more to do with kids being ineligible due to grades, if the grades aren't there then I can't wrestle enough kids to be competitive at the team duals. Not to mention they all blew off practice last week, so in some ways it is also a punishment for them...and a reward for me! I already know that two of my wrestlers are ineligible!!! BTW I reserved a bunk at the NOC, just in case I'll know tomorrow some time. Plans are if I come up to be there Friday night and Saturday night, leave early Sunday to be home to watch the Bears whip the Panthers Sunday afternoon!