PDA

View Full Version : Best place to stay in Hanover, NH

woodsman
08-15-2016, 09:38
Is there a recommended place to overnight in Hanover?

Slo-go'en
08-15-2016, 09:52
Apparently there is a list of about 20 people who will take you into their home, but I don't know where to find that list.

Other then that, there is a "reasonably" priced motel 2.5 miles out of town with a free bus which will get you there. I believe the details are in the AWOL guide.

jj dont play
08-15-2016, 10:05
List is for thru-hikers only. You can get it at a few hostels,etc. in VT prior to getting there. Call ahead, I tried morning of, called entire list and only 2 got back to me, neither were able to host that day. Those I know that have stayed with the trail angels really enjoyed their stay. You can go in the Dartmouth Outing Club building for a even more detailed list of lodging options then what is in AWOLs. Almost all of them have a shuttle available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RangerZ
08-15-2016, 16:41
I plan to use my friend Steve's house.

la.lindsey
08-15-2016, 17:47
The list is posted at the trail head. It's not exactly a secret. However, I don't really know anyone who had any luck. I have heard of Tigger's Treehouse or RV or something being great, but I don't know anything else about.

There's tenting in the woods just behind the athletic fields though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff
08-16-2016, 05:45
We have the list here at our hostel in Manchester, VT for our guests to photograph. Most SOBO's report having great luck getting a spot with the Hanover Trail Angels and having a good time cleaning up and resting comfortably.

"Betsy" is the first name on the list. She is the coordinator for the project. Her son thruhiked several years ago. She usually hosts a up to a dozen hikers per night.

JEBjr
08-16-2016, 08:41
We stayed with Betsy and Bill. They helped start the list after there son thru hiked a few years ago. And section hikers are welcome. It aint just for thru hikers.