PDA

View Full Version : Wild Pigs in Georgia

Youngblood
01-09-2006, 08:16
Interesting article in this mornings Atlanta paper about wild pigs in Georgia. The article talks mostly about south Georgia but they are evident along the trails in north Georgia and points north of there as well. Here's the link: http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/07methog.html .

Lone Wolf
01-09-2006, 08:18
Fire up the BBQ!:banana

general
01-09-2006, 09:17
super pigs make super bacon.

especially them south georgia pigs. ummmmm, greasy.

orangebug
01-09-2006, 10:51
I hope this doesn't slink down into another discussion of Zell Miller.

:banana

totempole99
01-09-2006, 13:32
Well they just had the Annual Wild Hog dinner at the capital last night, made a dent in the population, eating 16 hogs, along with 40 gallons of brunswick stew and 15 gallons of bbq sauce.

general
01-09-2006, 13:40
i'd like a side of polititian with my pig please.

Newb
01-17-2006, 09:14
Zel Miller eats a lot of bacon.

AbeHikes
01-17-2006, 10:03
Keep talking like that and he'll challenge you to a duel.

drsukie
01-17-2006, 23:35
I hope this doesn't slink down into another discussion of Zell Miller.

:banana

I just hope y'all are not all going to start up a discussion about Buckhead men....:jump Sue

dizzyT
01-17-2006, 23:40
Rather talk about the buckhead ladies.....I lived in Dunwoody a few years back. Really enjoyed Buckhead.

drsukie
01-17-2006, 23:42
Rather talk about the buckhead ladies.....I lived in Dunwoody a few years back. Really enjoyed Buckhead.

I live in Dunwoody now. B-O-R-I-N-G, but then, so am I! ;)

I lived in AND lived the B'head life in the 80's, SO glad it is over with, altho it was fun way back when! :p

Much more fun out in the woods, on the beach, on the bike..... Sue

Newb
01-18-2006, 08:55
I live in Dunwoody now. B-O-R-I-N-G, but then, so am I! ;)

I lived in AND lived the B'head life in the 80's, SO glad it is over with, altho it was fun way back when! :p

Much more fun out in the woods, on the beach, on the bike..... Sue

I grew up in Dunwoody in a place called RiverGate. Did you know that the Chattahoochee river between Holcomb bridge and Roswell is one of the best urban trout streams in America?

You were a B'Head person in the '80s? hehe...do you remember such classics as Buckhead Beach? Tuxedo Junction? The orchestra pit?

general
01-18-2006, 09:08
i live on the hooch near helen, and i wouldn't touch a damn thing that came out of the river below lake lanier.

halibut15
01-18-2006, 09:28
Amen, general. The hooch near helen is polluted enough on its on, even though it's nothing like it is downstream.:bse

RockyTrail
01-18-2006, 10:49
hehe...do you remember such classics as Buckhead Beach? Tuxedo Junction? The orchestra pit?

yep, had an indoor ferris wheel...:)

totempole99
01-18-2006, 13:07
Uhh, I live south of Atlanta in Coweta County. One time I stepped in the hooch and my shoe melted.

drsukie
01-18-2006, 14:52
I grew up in Dunwoody in a place called RiverGate. Did you know that the Chattahoochee river between Holcomb bridge and Roswell is one of the best urban trout streams in America?

You were a B'Head person in the '80s? hehe...do you remember such classics as Buckhead Beach? Tuxedo Junction? The orchestra pit?

OOHHHHHHHHHH, yeah! The B-Head Scene :banana I am not surprised about the trout fishing; the NRA units are also super hiking and dog-walking places to hide out. It's all Sandy Springs, now, though - we got the right to vote ourselves into a city December 1st. Sue

Jack Tarlin
01-18-2006, 16:59
Feral pigs are found more often than you think, and in some unusual places, too. For example, while wild hogs are found in something like 20 states, the true Russian Boar is believed limited to just two: Texas, and, you guessed it, New Hampshire.

Something to think about the next time you're on Mt. Washington!

smokymtnsteve
01-18-2006, 17:05
OOHHHHHHHHHH, yeah! The B-Head Scene :banana I am not surprised about the trout fishing; the NRA units are also super hiking and dog-walking places to hide out. It's all Sandy Springs, now, though - we got the right to vote ourselves into a city December 1st. Sue

I used to play in jerry farbers group

Lobo
01-18-2006, 17:20
Those wild hogs can get quite large.-
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hogzilla.asp

general
01-18-2006, 17:49
i ran into a momma pig on the logan turnpike coming down from tesnatee gap several years ago. she must have had some younguns near by, although i didn't see them. she expressed a great ammount of disapproval of my presence however, so i found out how fast i can run backwards, up hill, with pack. pretty damn fast. she wasn't as big as i had expected, having never seen one before, but she definantly wasn't lacking any grit