PDA

View Full Version : Coleman Dehydrated Backpack Food

Rowdy Yates
08-19-2016, 14:14
:-? Can anyone tell me where I can purchase the Coleman Dehydrated Backpack Food variety? I have checked on Google and Amazon comes up but they seem to only have one thing available. Thanks for any tips.

SWODaddy
08-19-2016, 15:00
I don't even see it listed as a product on their website. Maybe it was discontinued. Any reason in particular you're searching this out?

Tuckahoe
08-19-2016, 18:10
Coleman's backpacking food was manufactured by Enertia Trail Foods, who stopped production a few years ago.

Inertia's website is still active and indicates the company has been bought up by some backpackers and hopes to start production again.

http://www.trailfoods.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

Rowdy Yates
08-19-2016, 19:33
I don't even see it listed as a product on their website. Maybe it was discontinued. Any reason in particular you're searching this out?

I have a couple of their meals now. One is a desert, the other a main course. Want to purchase more if I can find them.

Rowdy Yates
08-20-2016, 09:05
I have a couple of their meals now. One is a desert, the other a main course. Want to purchase more if I can find them.

Someone point me to an online web site that carries these meals. I know Amazon has one main course available and one other site had another main course but none have more than just one. Let me know if you know of any other sites.

Tuckahoe
08-20-2016, 09:25
Someone point me to an online web site that carries these meals. I know Amazon has one main course available and one other site had another main course but none have more than just one. Let me know if you know of any other sites.

Like I said, Enertia Trail Foods manufactured these meals for Coleman. Enertia went out of business and stopped production. What you see for sale on Amazon is through a third party selling new old stock.

Until the new owners if Enertia is up and running you're not going to find them.

saltysack
08-20-2016, 11:35
Try Hawk Vittles if you want some backpacking grub....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddytwosticks
08-20-2016, 15:51
I really enjoyed those Enertia meals many years ago. I'd definitely try them again if they make a comeback. :)

Rowdy Yates
08-20-2016, 16:09
I also used and enjoyed Inertia Meals a few years back and will use them again when they come back into business. I have used Backpackers Pantry and others as well. Tuckahoe is right, I will just have to wait for Inertia to get back in business. In the meantime, I have started using Camp Chow, but Thanks for all the good responses from everyone.

Mouser999
09-28-2016, 11:12
I saw a small selection at a Walmart in Springfield Massachusetts last week

Rowdy Yates
09-28-2016, 21:08
I saw a small selection at a Walmart in Springfield Massachusetts last week

Mouser999 do you recall how much they cost per packet? I would be interested if they were not too expensive.

Mouser999
09-29-2016, 10:00
Sorry I didn't notice the prices

Venchka
09-29-2016, 10:04
A blast from the past. I lived north of Springfield, MA in a previous century.
4-5-6 years ago Walmart sold Coleman meals before they switched to Mountain House singles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk