PDA

View Full Version : Leki Poles- shout out

poolskaterx
08-21-2016, 15:58
I have had many different types of hiking poles and although not the very lightest I have used the Leki cork lite poles for the past 4 years because I like the handles so much.

On my last trip(it was very wet and muddy) I layed my wet gear out but did not pull my poles apart to clean and dry them... a few weeks later when I went to adjust my poles on would not tighten and the other was stuck in place ( I even clamped in vice to try to get apart).

I called Leki using the customer service # that is provided and spoke with Britinay whom I explained I just wanted to buy some service parts or pay for replacements as I have gotten a ton of use out of these poles.

After getting the specifics and sending a few pics, Britinay at Leki told me she wanted to send out the parts at no charge? What!!! I certainly would have paid but she insisted; Leki sent me 2 new lower sections, a new middle section and they threw in new tips!!!!!

I was already sold on the quality of Leki (the grips just work for me) but I had to throw out a big WOW, and THANK YOU. Always nice to find that the product you like are also supported beyond expectaions.
I'll get off my soap box now.

la.lindsey
08-21-2016, 16:09
Yeah, I had an entirely different experience with Leki. I use Hiker Hunger poles now after continually trying to "fix" my Leki poles as instructed. Love em.

Glad your experience was great, but it seems hit or miss, based on a sample size of 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-Rx
08-22-2016, 12:42
I have had 2 customer service experiences with Leki regarding the repair of my hiking poles. I can't say enough great things about the company based on my experiences. Each time they have promptly sent me the necessary parts to do the repairs at absolutely no charge to me. Thank you Lekii! I am a lifelong customer!

jefals
08-22-2016, 12:54
ditto on Leki. They sent me a whole new pole at no cost to me! And no, it was not under warranty. I had broken the pole, and it was my fault - nevertheless, they sent me a replacement at no charge!
(here's the catch - it was a discontinued pole, and they said they had one "laying around".... but still, they didn't have to do that. I now have 2 pair of Lekis and love em both!

swisscross
08-22-2016, 14:45
Yeah, I had an entirely different experience with Leki. I use Hiker Hunger poles now after continually trying to "fix" my Leki poles as instructed. Love em.

Glad your experience was great, but it seems hit or miss, based on a sample size of 2.

I too like my Leki's. I have never heard of Hiker Hunger poles.
They look nice with a great price.

swisscross
08-22-2016, 14:58

I too like my Leki's. I have never heard of Hiker Hunger poles.
They look nice with a great price.

handlebar
08-22-2016, 15:30
I also had great experience with Leki customer service. They sent me replacement bottom sections complete with tips via priority mail to a post office while I was hiking the AZT.

AfterParty
08-22-2016, 16:27
My brother just got me some lekis from the goodwill. I haven't gotten them yet but the price is right.

Skinny Rooster
08-22-2016, 20:08
I've had great customer service from Leki as well. At Trail Days this year they replaced the two lower sections of two sets of poles I own at no cost. Both sets of poles were several years old. Then last month coming down Mt Mansfield I had to do some scrambling and so dropped my poles in front of me (probably 15 foot drop). When I got down to retrieve them discovered the handle on one of the poles had broken away from the shaft. After my hike I called their customer service to see if they would replace the upper section of the pole. They agreed and mailed me a new upper at no cost. I must confess I felt a little guilty about asking for a replacement part given that this particular pole was probably about ten years old. I am a Leki customer for life!

Blaze12
08-23-2016, 22:37
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe their aluminum poles have life time warranty.

Sent from mobile

poolskaterx
08-24-2016, 18:41
The warranty for Leki as stated on the web is this:

Question:What does LEKI's Trekking Pole warranty cover?
Answer:There is a one year warranty on our Carbon Shaft Trekking poles and a lifetime warranty on Aluminum Shaft Trekking poles. The warranty covers shaft breakage only.
Question:What is not covered under the LEKI Warranty for Trekking Poles?
Answer:
It does not cover normal wear and tear
It does not cover lost straps, lost sections, or any other lost parts
It does not cover chewed straps or grips by animals or other living beings
It does not cover broken straps, broken or worn tips, worn grips, expanders, sleeves or missing baskets

Leki went above and beyond since on both poles it was the expanders that were giving me grief. Not only did they completely replace the parts they sent me new tips also!!!