PDA

View Full Version : First Pitch of my new Sierra Designs High Route 1

ggreaves
08-30-2016, 22:36
It goes up really quickly and seems very solid. I'm taking it out this weekend for a test run. I'll bring a hammock along in case I need to bail out for comfort :)

capehiker
08-30-2016, 23:57
Awesome! I'm very interested in hearing your thoughts. I am also curious about the length and how it feels when a pad and sleeping bag are inside (i.e., does the bag brush against the walls).

-Rush-
09-03-2016, 04:25
I'd love to get samples of this and the new flex capacitor pack for testing.

Lyle
09-03-2016, 07:49
I've always liked Sierra Designs. Good to see they may be seriously re-entering the Ultra-light tent game. Looking forward to a review.

My first backpacking tent was a Sierra Designs "Starflight" back in 1979. It was a sub 5lb, two man tent. Served me well until I upgraded to the Sierra Designs "Flashlight" - had a couple of them through the years.

Maineiac64
09-03-2016, 09:43
Very nice. Let us know how you like it.

Joe Shug
11-01-2016, 14:05
It goes up really quickly and seems very solid. I'm taking it out this weekend for a test run. I'll bring a hammock along in case I need to bail out for comfort :)

Any updates on how you liked this tent?

ggreaves
11-14-2016, 18:56
Any updates on how you liked this tent?

My reply is colored by the fact that, in general, I don't like tents period. I'm a hammock guy. I got this to give it a try and also to try and get my son to come out with me (he won't try a hammock). I had to return the first one as it had missing stitching leaving a gap between the noseeum mesh and the bathtub floor. I was looking closely at the replacement and, again, in the same spot, the thread pulls out easily. I'm disappointed but since I'm in Canada and had to pay duty/taxes on the replacement to get it back here, I'm not going to return it again. I will ditch the inner and try to use it as a tarp and bivy shelter. I might run it through my sewing machine to reinforce the mesh if I ever decide to use the inner again.