PDA

View Full Version : Bartram trail

Beej
08-31-2016, 21:02
Anyone hiked the Bartram trail? It's only a 36 mile walk from NC to GA. We do a lot of camping along the southern leg of the trail. Gonna do the hike in November.sobo.

AO2134
08-31-2016, 21:53
Anyone hiked the Bartram trail? It's only a 36 mile walk from NC to GA. We do a lot of camping along the southern leg of the trail. Gonna do the hike in November.sobo.

I've hiked the whole trail. I created a virtual hike of the Bartram Trail if you are interested. It is in the description.

There is parking right next to the NC-GA line at Hale Ridge Road. Rabun Bald is amazing. Also, there is a side trail to Pinnacle Knob which is worth the side trip. It is a fun trail. I enjoyed it.

royalusa
09-01-2016, 20:17
We hiked it in 2011. Highly recommended! We did, I think, every single side trail to take in all the falls.

Our journal can be found here: http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=349088

blue indian
09-01-2016, 21:14
Im looking for an overnighter. I was thinking something around silers bald on the AT but I want to do something a little more secluded being labor day weekend.

Ive done jones gap to whiterock mountain which is great. Im looking for something similar (a nice view and a good campsite) .

Any suggestions?